+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Ivf life

Hi all

Iv just started my first round of life Ivf through hunter Ivf and am just wondering if any bigger woman had a successful round first go I know it’s possiable for mine not to work first go but I’m just curious thanks for reading
    Love and light
    Nicole

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Honestly, I went into my first round thinking I would be the exception to the rule - that it would work first go for me. I think most people do the same. The reality for me was much different though. I did four rounds of IVF with my own eggs and never got there. In the end, I ended up seeking the help of an egg donor and thanks to her we have a two year old and I'm currently pregnant with Baby #2.

Your own success will vary, of course, depending on your reasons for actually needing the IVF in the first place. Age plays a HUGE factor in my opinion, and to go into an IVF cycle at 40+ years of age and expect it to work first time would be setting yourself up for disappointment.

It's funny (or not, as the case may be) how fast you become a veteran with IVF. It doesn't take many failed transfers to bring your expectations back to reality. I would suggest that you go into each cycle not expecting it to work - but being hopeful. To me that is much more realistic. And hey, you might be one of the lucky ones! Maybe it WILL work first go for you. But if not, you'll be in good company. For most of us it can take a few tries. Either way - it will be worth it in the end x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Blossom74 View Post
    Honestly, I went into my first round thinking I would be the exception to the rule - that it would work first go for me. I think most people do the same. The reality for me was much different though. I did four rounds of IVF with my own eggs and never got there. In the end, I ended up seeking the help of an egg donor and thanks to her we have a two year old and I'm currently pregnant with Baby #2.

Your own success will vary, of course, depending on your reasons for actually needing the IVF in the first place. Age plays a HUGE factor in my opinion, and to go into an IVF cycle at 40+ years of age and expect it to work first time would be setting yourself up for disappointment.

It's funny (or not, as the case may be) how fast you become a veteran with IVF. It doesn't take many failed transfers to bring your expectations back to reality. I would suggest that you go into each cycle not expecting it to work - but being hopeful. To me that is much more realistic. And hey, you might be one of the lucky ones! Maybe it WILL work first go for you. But if not, you'll be in good company. For most of us it can take a few tries. Either way - it will be worth it in the end x

Yeah exactly how I feel but I’m so skeptical as well I am 26years of age and I have pcos is my reason for needing Ivf xx

4. The Following User Says Thank You to nik093 For This Useful Post:

Blossom74 (14-10-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You'll get there hon. My egg donor had PCOS and needed IVF also. She ended up with two beautiful kids

Thanks
    Reviews
    That’s so beautiful thank you