+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 63 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Amandamoo View Post
    Hi,

Just letting you know we got some sad news yesterday. Went for a 17 week obstetrician appointment and found out one of the twins has passed away. Was sent for professional scans which confirmed this. Both were girls. The surviving one is measuring below average at the moment.

When will this worry go away?!
    @Amandamoo ,
    I am so very sorry to hear this news.
    I am praying for your surviving twin.
    It is so hard, especially as you had passed the 12 week mark, unfortunately the worry doesn’t go away, I think especially for ladies like us that have gone to such great lengths to get pregnant,
    My thoughts and wishes are with you,
    Xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RCA39 View Post
    I completely agree with both of you. But in my circumstances I’m at a loss and will do any test available to me to know that I’ve tried everything. Yes it’s expensive and the evidence might not be there yet, but when you have been through the number I failed cycles and transfers that I have you try these things. It’s not for everyone, and it’s something that might not make a difference.... but you never know.
    Try not to lose hope, it can be a long road but you have to keep going while ever you can. Remind me please, how old was your sister when you tried with her eggs? I think she's 40+ now but how old was she when she donated?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Kalina For This Useful Post:

RCA39 (11-12-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalina View Post
    Try not to lose hope, it can be a long road but you have to keep going while ever you can. Remind me please, how old was your sister when you tried with her eggs? I think she's 40+ now but how old was she when she donated?
    She was 39 the first time and 40 the second time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladies I will throw this one out there. When you did DE did any of you get news that there was no fertilization? I hadn't thought about it before but now that i think about it could this be a possibility? I would be devastated if this happens. I wouldn't know where to go to from there. Would love to hear your experiences.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by RCA39 View Post
    She was 39 the first time and 40 the second time.
    If you can, maybe try to think of this as a fact on your side - ie it was very unlikely to work with her eggs, it doesn't mean that you've had failed donor egg transfers in the same way that transfers with 25yo eggs would. I don't think most FS would be at all surprised if an embryo made with 39/40yo eggs didn't result in a pregnancy, even tested ones.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Kalina For This Useful Post:

Notalone (18-12-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Makeuplover40 View Post
    Ladies I will throw this one out there. When you did DE did any of you get news that there was no fertilization? I hadn't thought about it before but now that i think about it could this be a possibility? I would be devastated if this happens. I wouldn't know where to go to from there. Would love to hear your experiences.
    This is why many women will only use clinics which give a guarantee, usually it's 2 high quality blastocysts.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Amandamoo so sorry to read your very sad news. Praying everything goes well now for your other little girl.
    Take care x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalina View Post
    If you can, maybe try to think of this as a fact on your side - ie it was very unlikely to work with her eggs, it doesn't mean that you've had failed donor egg transfers in the same way that transfers with 25yo eggs would. I don't think most FS would be at all surprised if an embryo made with 39/40yo eggs didn't result in a pregnancy, even tested ones.
    I think my FS had high hopes because my sister didn’t have any issues conceiving naturally, including twins that were only 12 months old when she first donated. Anyway, doesn’t really matter now, just need to wait and see what happens next.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you @Kalina.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How devastating, I'm so sorry to hear this has happened @Amandamoo

@Makeuplover40 this is what your back up donor is for! This more or less happened to us with my hubby's young (and supposedly healthy) 28 year old sperm. Dr Nikos rang us later that day and told us to come in again the following day for hubby to try again with our 2nd donor. Unfortunately we had another terrible outcome with 1 poor quality embryo on day 5 (from memory). This is why it was the right decision for us to also use donor sperm. Hope this helps!