+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 96 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 1greenfrog View Post
    Can anyone recommend a FS in Melbourne please? Who would work with the Greek clinic, and possibly actually work out after so many IVF transfers why there not working... Apart from saying it's my age and egg quality... Which it could be
    I don't want to go back to Dr NL. I could go back to my original FS Nicole Hope, but if anyone has any other suggestions happy to look into others.
    Thanks.
    Hi, i am currently seen Dr Jim Tsaltas he is happy to work with overseas clinics, I believe he is Greek origin. Another lady in this forum recommend Dr Joe Sigroi and heard he is very good and happy to work with Greek Clinic. (hope this helps)

May ask, Which Greek clinic are you going with?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Positive1 For This Useful Post:

1greenfrog (20-01-2020),Phia (20-01-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gypsychild View Post
    Hi All, my husband and I have just started considering donar eggs so I thought I would join this thread to get a little help from you wonderful ladies.

I have a beautiful little boy who is 3 years old (own egg), who was a very lucky result from my first full cycle in 2015. I am a poor responder with low AMH so the first cycle was cancelled.

We are so ready for our second child, but have had no success from two FE transfers (one chemical). I'm gearing up for another full cycle with a new clinic in Perth (Hollywood) but have made up my mind that if we get poor embryos again we will use DE.

I'm Indian and my husband is European, so we would be looking at Greece or Spain I think to get an olive looking baby.

Do you think it is worth me making contact with DE clinics already, even though I am doing a full cycle in February? Is it too early? I am determined to be pregnant with #2 by end 2020!

Also, anyone know if Hollywood would support me with overseas DE?

Thanks all
    Hi @gypsychild
    Goodluck with your upcoming cycle. I would start looking at clinics etc, no harm in having a solid backup plan in place. I doubt Hollywood would support you with DE I found them very unhelpful. Concept in Subiaco have a DE area and are happy to help with overseas cycles.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Moc24 For This Useful Post:

gypsychild (20-01-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Monty73 View Post
    Thanks @Kalina The Dr came in to talk to me about the scan just after my ultrasound and he actually sent me a copy of the report too. The report just says that there is an organising haematoma surrounding both gestational sacs but doesn’t give any measurements or state anything else. He said he would tell me rest but he knows I have a 2yr old and there’s no evidence it actually works. Then he said check with the clinic if I should stop clexane. I’m going to call Dr Nikos too.

My gut also tells me to stop. Thank you!
    I second going on provera, Dr Saba put me on this when I started bleeding. He also made me stop asprin but not clexane.
    But it may depend why you are in the clexane to start with. Hope this helps.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Moc24 For This Useful Post:

Monty73 (21-01-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Amandamoo View Post
    Hi everyone,

Thank you to everyone for your personal messages, tags and those that have been thinking of me.
    As you could imagine Christmas and New Years went by as a blur.

It has been a difficult time, the hardest time of my life honestly.

On the 9 December I was 17w2 we found out I was pregnant with two girls however one baby didn’t have a heartbeat.
    We were told this can be common with twin pregnancy and the chances of me continuing the pregnancy with the other twin is high and not to worry.
    We did a follow up scan the following week 16 December 18w2 and we found out the other twin had passed. This was absolutely devastating.
    On the 17 December I had to pickup a table from the Mater to help my cervix in the delivery (forget the name). Then on the 18 December I was admitted into hospital where I took another different tablet (forget the name) and delivered the babies just before midnight. I stayed in hospital two nights and was discharged on Friday 20 December.

The babies were sent to Pathology for testing so I’m really hoping we get answers as to what happened however my obstetrician said we may not get answers. Will find out early February.

Then on the 26 and 27 December I started getting pain in my shoulder on my left hand side and it also went under my boob. The pain gradually got worse to the point on the 28 December I presented myself to hospital emergency department. They diagnosed me to have pleurisy and was required to have morphine to settle the pain which was fantastic because I couldn’t breathe. Anyway I was there about 12 hours and then went home. I’ve since gotten better.

My husband and I married in 2005 and we started IVF in 2007 doing numerous rounds of IVF with hubbies sperm and then moved to donor. In 2017 our FS advised us to travel O/S for double donor. It took us two years to get our heads around it, then last year we decided to go to Greece.
    I do feel bad because my FS advised me before I left to transfer one embryo, however I wanted to better our chances. I wish I had listened to him.

Because I found out at the 13 week scan one of the babies was definitely a girl and the other one kept wriggling and they weren’t sure of that babies gender, silly me had bought a heap of girls stuff as I was just so excited and over the moon.
    We were so excited to be having a girl and our hearts were set on a girl I’ve been researching clinics that allow gender selection. I’ve been liaising with Dunya IVF North Cyprus and so far my experience has been positive. I’ve had an initial consultation and emailing back and forth.

I’m not sure if I’m weird but researching clinics and liaising with Dunya has really helped me with the grief and loss process. It has given me hope for 2020.

I have great family support, especially my mum and my husband but mum has been there every step of the way even coming to Greece with me. However I do find anytime I’m alone I do end up in tears from the loss and horrific infertility journey we have been on.
    I have wondered if it’s time we give up but then I remember I’ve gotten till I’m over 50 in Cyprus. I’m turning 40 this year.

Thank you for reading.
    So sorry you have been unwell on top of everything you have been through.
    I always found making plans helped me to focus on what’s ahead. So glad you are looking at moving forward you have plenty of time at 40. I was hopeful for a girl and got a son after many miscarriages. I wouldn’t trade him for anyone. I think we all put ideas in our head what we want but ultimately you will love and cherish whatever gender you get. You are young enough to have more than one anyway!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by vickydell View Post
    Hello Ladies! My name is Vicky and Greek living in Greece. I have been following your threads and would like to ask for your advice. My sister is 43, has had failed ivf with own eggs (mind you only one attempt) followed my a natural pregnancy that ended in miscarriage at 7 weeks. Last month she decided to have donor egg ivf and had 2 blasts transferred. She fell pregnant, two sacs formed and both ended in blighted ovums. Unlike you ladies that have done all this research and advocated for yourselves, she pretty much leaves everything in the hands of her doctors and doesn't even ask basic questions like the actual grading of the embryos transferred. We have decided to be more careful in our next moves and looking to change clinics even though she has 2 embies on ice. She will be doing the full testing at locus medicus ( immunes ect) before visiting any clinics. I am helping her decide clinics as she is too depressed to even read anything online. I am thinking of advising her to go to Embryoland but am not clear from all your discussions if the immune protocol most of you seem to follow is something that Dr. N agrees with or is it seperate advise from Dr. M. In the case that my sister has Nk or other immune issues, will Dr. N do something about it or is he a skeptic? Any infor would be greatly appreciated. The greek forums aren't very useful, unfortunately the culture here is to go to the celebrity docs something we definitely want to avoid. Thanks in advance for any help!
    You could speak to Ruth Pellows? She lives in Greece (ivftreatmentabroad) I’m sure she will help your sister she is very knowledgeable and would know which clinics will help with immune issues. Sorry I don’t k ow about DR N.

I have to say it is so lovely to have a Greek lady on our thread. As you can imagine we are all big fans.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Nilza79 best of luck when is transfer?
    Thinking of you xx

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Moc24 For This Useful Post:

Nilza79 (20-01-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Egg Donation Greece #19

Quote Originally Posted by Moc24 View Post
    @Nilza79 best of luck when is transfer?
    Thinking of you xx
    Thankyou!!

Tomorrow morning -( monday )
    Im quietly and cautiously nervous and excited all at the same time.

12. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Nilza79 For This Useful Post:

1greenfrog (20-01-2020),LeeLee1980 (20-01-2020),Moc24 (20-01-2020),Mydreambaby (20-01-2020),Notalone (20-01-2020),Phia (20-01-2020),SJ565 (20-01-2020),stacey10 (20-01-2020),Sweetu72 (20-01-2020),The Mommas and the Bubbas (21-01-2020),tinker27 (21-01-2020),Vicky74 (21-01-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Positive1 View Post
    Hi, i am currently seen Dr Jim Tsaltas he is happy to work with overseas clinics, I believe he is Greek origin. Another lady in this forum recommend Dr Joe Sigroi and heard he is very good and happy to work with Greek Clinic. (hope this helps)

May ask, Which Greek clinic are you going with?
    Thanks Positive1,
    I'm probably going to end up with embryoland, since they seen to have the most consistent reviews.
    Plus, the reviews say they respond to you, and you don't wait all day... Hehe
    No decision yet.

Thanks. I will do some research on Dr Jim Tsaltas.
    (this sounds bad, but I'm a bit over Greek doctors... ) But... He might be great... Will see...
    I don't know if there's any other tests I can do... Guess I'm just trying to find a reason why it hasn't worked before I try again... But Im guessing, it's a try and see situation, there is no easy fix.
    😊

Edited to ad... Opinion... Do I need a FS in Australia? Or can it all be done from/througg the Greek Dr?
    Last edited by 1greenfrog; 20-01-2020 at 11:02.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to 1greenfrog For This Useful Post:

Positive1 (20-01-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 1greenfrog View Post
    Thanks Positive1,
    I'm probably going to end up with embryoland, since they seen to have the most consistent reviews.
    Plus, the reviews say they respond to you, and you don't wait all day... Hehe
    No decision yet.

Thanks. I will do some research on Dr Jim Tsaltas.
    (this sounds bad, but I'm a bit over Greek doctors... ) But... He might be great... Will see...
    I don't know if there's any other tests I can do... Guess I'm just trying to find a reason why it hasn't worked before I try again... But Im guessing, it's a try and see situation, there is no easy fix.
    ������

Edited to ad... Opinion... Do I need a FS in Australia? Or can it all be done from/through the Greek Dr?
    Hi,
    I already contacted Ruth and Dr Nikos, both are good, There are many ladies in this forum have had gone with both of these clinics, I will be deciding soon whom I am going with.

Ladies here suggest to have the uterus checked and immune test done, since you have some unanswered questions, perhaps I would suggest you contact Dr Gamal Mathia (Sydney-you can do a phone consultation) or Dr Peter Elms (in Melbourne) (for immune check).

I do not have much experience, perhaps a lovely lady would pop in to answer your questions.

Best of luck!!
    Last edited by Positive1; 20-01-2020 at 11:53.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Positive1 For This Useful Post:

1greenfrog (20-01-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks, I was thinking about going to see the immunologist Dr in Melbourne, but I could only find the name matching an oncologist... Wasn't sure if I had the right one.
    I do have arthritis... But not any other immunology type issues that I know of...

Have had lots of other checks including my favourite so far that, was any off to Spain and told me I didn't have enough probiotics in my uterus...
    I loved that one, who knew there were probiotics in there, and still not sure how I get more in there.... 😂