+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Poor egg quality?

Hey everyone!

I’ll start of with a little bit of info about me
    I’m 20yo and DH is 22yo, we went through our first cycle of icsi during August/September due to my DH having extremely low sperm count (200,000), i also have mild PCOS (high AMH, cycles of 33-35 days)

Our cycle unfortunately resulted in a BFN after extracting 18 eggs, 13 mature, 11 fertilised, and only one that was considered well enough quality to be transferred.

We were told that both sperm and egg quality was poor
    Our FS hasn’t made much changes in our next protocol other than reducing my gonal to 85 instead of 100 to see whether egg quality would improve.

Has anyone heard of or experienced anything similar to this? Please share your stories any advice would be helpful!

Is anyone aware of any FS in Sydney that does well with low sperm counts? I would prefer if DH could be put on some kind of medication to help his quality

Thank you x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ra1209 View Post
    Hey everyone!

I’ll start of with a little bit of info about me
    I’m 20yo and DH is 22yo, we went through our first cycle of icsi during August/September due to my DH having extremely low sperm count (200,000), i also have mild PCOS (high AMH, cycles of 33-35 days)

Our cycle unfortunately resulted in a BFN after extracting 18 eggs, 13 mature, 11 fertilised, and only one that was considered well enough quality to be transferred.

We were told that both sperm and egg quality was poor
    Our FS hasn’t made much changes in our next protocol other than reducing my gonal to 85 instead of 100 to see whether egg quality would improve.

Has anyone heard of or experienced anything similar to this? Please share your stories any advice would be helpful!

Is anyone aware of any FS in Sydney that does well with low sperm counts? I would prefer if DH could be put on some kind of medication to help his quality

Thank you x
    Hey, yes. My first round only one from ten was good enough and I was on the highest dose. Then with the second round about three months later my ovaries went crazy and they reduced the dose. This was my saviour as otherwise I'm sure the egg quality would have been low again. I've read FSs do give low dose drugs to maximise quality, but then they don't get the numbers. Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I’m pretty sure I have poor egg quality too. DH and I tried for 3 years before our DD came along. Similar story to you - sporadic low sperm count, PCOS with high AMH. We did 3 full cycles, collected around 30 eggs (21 in our last cycle alone). We transferred 3 (MC, nothing DD) and had one to freeze (chemical pregnancy). We’ve just started trying for no 2 and had 3 eggs collected last week. One transferred, one fertilised but not suitable to freeze and the other didn’t fertilise.

I strongly believe acupuncture helped me first time around. I was seeing an amazing g guy (brisbane) for 3 months before I got pregnant with DD. I also started taking high dose coq10 to help with egg quality.

IMG_1398.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @MLadyEm I will agree on the acupuncture a girl I went to high school had unexplained infertility had 3 full rounds like yourself so she started acupuncture and boom pregnant a few months later I To was having it after my cycles then pregnant with Ds2

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MLadyEm View Post
    I’m pretty sure I have poor egg quality too. DH and I tried for 3 years before our DD came along. Similar story to you - sporadic low sperm count, PCOS with high AMH. We did 3 full cycles, collected around 30 eggs (21 in our last cycle alone). We transferred 3 (MC, nothing DD) and had one to freeze (chemical pregnancy). We’ve just started trying for no 2 and had 3 eggs collected last week. One transferred, one fertilised but not suitable to freeze and the other didn’t fertilise.

I strongly believe acupuncture helped me first time around. I was seeing an amazing g guy (brisbane) for 3 months before I got pregnant with DD. I also started taking high dose coq10 to help with egg quality.

Attachment 101786
    Do you mind me asking what kind of protocol you were put on when you had conceived your DD

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Nothing too fancy as our IVF has all been done through a low cost clinic.

Puregon (FSH), Orgalutran (antagonist), Ovidrel (trigger) then Crinone for progesterone support.

The only thing that changed between cycles was my dose of Puregon. I started the CoQ10 after my 2nd full cycle (I think) which was shortly after I started acupuncture (which was during my FET cycle). That’s why I put it down to acupuncture and CoQ10. I think I’m getting another bfp and all I’ve been doing is CoQ10 this time because my acupuncturist moved away.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nothing too fancy as our IVF has all been done through a low cost clinic.

Puregon (FSH), Orgalutran (antagonist), Ovidrel (trigger) then Crinone for progesterone support.

The only thing that changed between cycles was my dose of Puregon. I started the CoQ10 after my 2nd full cycle (I think) which was shortly after I started acupuncture (which was during my FET cycle). That’s why I put it down to acupuncture and CoQ10. I think I’m getting another bfp and all I’ve been doing is CoQ10 this time because my acupuncturist moved away.
    Thank you for your help that’s very reassuring to hear as I’m also going through a low cost clinic in Sydney and I thought for someone in our situation a more advanced protocol was necessary

How long have you been taking the coQ10 before conceiving your daughter?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maybe 2-3 months? I believe it needs time to build up in your system (for lack of a better description) to actually make a difference.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maybe 2-3 months? I believe it needs time to build up in your system (for lack of a better description) to actually make a difference.
    Thanks so much! Just started taking it today let’s hope this works!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ra1209 For This Useful Post:

MLadyEm (13-10-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Ra1029,
    we have low sperm count (initially <3 million), zero motility. Now it is at 35 million. Answer: stop progout, on fertilsan, 4 mg melatonin every night, 600mg ubiquinol/day (from Costco), Vit E, D, eats goji berries, blueberries (antioxidants). Go on these for 3 months.

Me: 600mg/day ubiquinol, 4 mg melatonin, megafol, elevit, vit E, Vit D, dhea, angelica senesis. testagel (egg numbers decreased but quality improved). was doing tcm but ssooo expensive.

8 fully stim cycles later, 7th cycle had 1 5AA but found out I have endometriosis and adenomyosis. 8th cycle: 2 eggs collected. 1 did not fertilise. so far so good. haven't got day 5 report yet as it is tmrw. . d3- 8 cell embryo.