+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Christmas presents

Sooo, only 11 Fridays until Christmas

What are you getting your kids?

My kids will all get new bikes from Santa. My girls have outgrown theirs and my son needs a good mountain bike so he can go mountain biking along the fire trails.

My eldest is getting a new phone and I’ll get her a typo voucher and give her a bit of money to buy some clothes.

My son used to be hard to buy for but now he’s sports mad I am getting him 3 or 5 game membership for NRL, AFL, basketball and a-league!

My youngest still loves toys so not sure yet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    So far... a balance bike. Apart from that I have no idea. I’d love to get a trampoline but we don’t have the space for a decent sized one. Apart from that I have no idea.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Christmas shopping is off until I have submitted my thesis, but I do have a couple of things (I think)

DD12 a Ravenclaw night shirt from typo, I'm sure I have a couple of other things for her....but I can't remember. Otherwise she'll get a typo voucher, some nail art things...we are thinking about replacing her flute. She has stuck with it since year 4 and wants to keep going. Oh and snowboard bindings she needs some new ones that are better suited to her advancing to black runs and more aggressive riding.

DD15 City Beach voucher, Spotify voucher, Sportsgirl voucher....might get one of those prepaid Visa vouchers for her. We are thinking of replacing her laptop for year 10-12, but we may put it off a year. New helmet for snowboarding that can fit headphones.

It's harder now that they are older!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Christmas presents

DD (will be 3.5 at Christmas) has two major gifts this year, a trampoline & a wooden kitchen. She is also getting a lot of wooden bits & pieces for the kitchen, a luvabella doll, a few barbie’s, a toy story pack, leapfrog 3D, clothes & a bag, lunch box & drink bottle since she’s starting pre school next year. once she see’s the trampoline but she won’t be too fussed on anything else 🤣
    Last edited by MissMooMumma; 05-10-2019 at 18:31.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm one of those crazy ones, almost done!

Ds1&2 are getting similar.....
    Kinetic sand, Nintendo switch game, meccard toy.

Ds1: Derwent pencils, a visual art diary and coloring book plus a rare, discontinued beyblade he's wanted forever, which I ordered, from AMERICA 🤦‍♀️

Ds2: paints, coloring book and ryans world egg.

Ds3: foam couch, a toy truck.

To share: basketball hoop outside, and a trampoline. (Trying to decide on trampoline today and can't ) I did consider starting a thread for recommendations. We had a 14ft from big w but after 4yrs it rusted through, thanks to the lovely sea air...I was going to get a 12ft from Kmart, but they're completely gone from their website....I figured if ies only going to last 3-4 years there's no pint paying big $$$...... I'm leaning towards a rectangle one but really don't know... I'm not sure if $650 for a trampoline is justifiable...

I just need to get an activity table for ds3, then I'll grab each a book, maybe harry potter for ds1 (he's just become interested), and brown best brown newer what do you see for ds3 as ours had been so well loved.... no idea for ds2, and some pjs each
    Last edited by shadowangel0205; 05-10-2019 at 17:58.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD1 is getting a trampoline and the babies will get highchairs. So far I’ve not no other ideas.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    very low key christmas this year as i’m not working and we just want to focus on being a family not shredding through presents/adding to the clutter at home (mil does a pretty good job of that anyway 🤣). thinking for ds maybe a couple of books. he needs a new bike helmet and another pair of shoes too. his bday is 2 months after xmas though so we can stagger the gifts. dd i’ve got no clue. she’s taken a liking to this peter rabbit flopsy bunny toy someone bought us for her so i might just get a replacement of that in case she loses the one she has. she starts daycare in feb so maybe a personalized bag from tinyme.

dh and i will do a gift capped at $20-$30 each. i just want a nice shower gel or hand cream from lush and i’ll get him some nice coffee for his aeropress.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I really have no idea this year. Normally I have finished my Xmas shopping by now.

Dd's birthday (10) is soon so I have gotten her a big Lego set, Jumanji board game, some friendship bracelet making thing. Her tablet recently died so I might get her a new one

For Xmas I'm thinking of getting her a 'green machine'?, books

Ds (5) Lego set, books, trucks/diggers some art stuff

I always get a family board game each Xmas and outdoor stuff

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    This year I'm only buying stuff the kids actually NEED. Every year I go overboard with toys and they play with them for Christmas day then they get shoved in the cupboard and forgotten. SO much wasted money. I think I'm going to focus on 'experiences" rather than material gifts. Memories rather than stuff.
    Last edited by Rachel3072; 05-10-2019 at 18:31.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rachel3072 For This Useful Post:

ICanDream (05-10-2019),SJ565 (06-10-2019),turquoisecoast (05-10-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ds1
    https://education.lego.com/en-au/product/wedo-2

Plus a few small things for fun

Ds2 no idea

Dd I have Ariel little mermaid doll, a pool float so far

We are going on a cruise next month so that’s where my cash has gone