+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Recommend me a highchair

Still a way off but it’s been a while since I’ve had to buy one. What’s good these days?

Looking for something with the following:
    - easy clean (particularly the seat cover)
    - able to recline (preferable)
    - adjustable height (preferable)
    - not bulky
    - easy to remove tray (one hand would be awesome)
    - wheels/easy to move around
    - fairly cheap (under $200/$250)

I previously had a Fisher Price Easy Clean that ticked all the boxes but after 3 kids going through it, it had come to the end of its life.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    ive had the same highchair for 10yrs and onto its 4th child. has all those features. i use it when they're littler then use the ikea one also.
    i think target and baby bunting have a few with your criteria plus sale on now

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quite a few people recommend the IKEA ones for ease of cleaning and I can see why (now). I bought the Peg Peregio one which is great comfort wise, it can move in all directions, tilt and all that jazz but cleaning it is a nightmare so I end up avoiding it modt of the time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkPopsicle View Post
    ive had the same highchair for 10yrs and onto its 4th child. has all those features. i use it when they're littler then use the ikea one also.
    i think target and baby bunting have a few with your criteria plus sale on now
    I looked at Baby Bunting this morning but there’s so many! I was hoping to narrow it down a bit more
    Quote Originally Posted by Elevatormusic View Post
    Quite a few people recommend the IKEA ones for ease of cleaning and I can see why (now). I bought the Peg Peregio one which is great comfort wise, it can move in all directions, tilt and all that jazz but cleaning it is a nightmare so I end up avoiding it modt of the time
    Is this the ikea one? IMG_6768.JPG If so, I had almost identical one from Kmart when dd5 was a bit older and wasn’t a fan of the style. Easy to clean yes but hated that it wasn’t a higher back and couldn’t recline etc.

I really love this one and have for ages but it doesn’t seem to be available in Australia any more and I’ve only ever seen 1 for sale second hand locally. IMG_6769.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have just got an ingenuity 3 in 1 seat from big w.. it meets MOST of your criteria. If you have a big w nearby it might be worth checking out?

- easy clean (particularly the seat cover) ..... Its removable and washable. I like that it's not that cheap plasticy feel that the cheaper ones have. But it also may not clean up easily? We have not yet started solids....so can't comment

- able to recline (preferable).....it does, but only slightly

- adjustable height (preferable).... no, not exactly. You can configure it slightly different though

- not bulky .... the legs are a bit out there and it doesn't fold up. This is a bit tricky for us but we make it work. Its no bigger than some others

- easy to remove tray (one hand would be awesome).. yep. And a dishwasher friendly inlay

- wheels/easy to move around.... wheels on only the back. Makes it a bit challenging, but once you know to pick it up from the front of the seat and tilt it, not a problem

- fairly cheap (under $200/$250)..... $199.

We liked that it was a bit flexible as they grow older...and we plan to just take the "booster" seat part when we go places, like mum's... so that was a big selling point for us (although I guess we could have just got a regular one and a cheap one, or folding Kmart camping one for mum's... but storage at her house is a problem)

We also thought ds2 could use the toddler chair but he's a few kgs over the recommended weight of 23kgsScreenshot_20190930-193116_Chrome.jpg
    Last edited by shadowangel0205; 30-09-2019 at 18:43.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Recommend me a highchair

we have the ikea antilop one. it’s cheap, portable (legs come off for easy transportation/storage), easy to clean and it’s $25.

it was fine with ds however dd (at the same age) isn’t as upright as he was. or she’s smaller, and the chair isn’t very supportive. if you’ve got a bigger babe, i’d say it’s fine. but dd is 5 months now and i’m not using it still as she’s just not big enough for it to be supportive.

i’m seriously considering finding a more supportive padded one very cheap or free online and just running it into the ground. like don’t care if it gets dirty, just use it til she’s big enough for the ikea one.

just saw your comments above the the ikea chair, i agree it’s annoying it doesn’t recline. it’s definitely designed for an older baby or toddler.

i feed dd in the bumbo on the dining table and even that’s not really ideal either.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

PinkPopsicle (30-09-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    this is DS3 today iin his chair. its a love n care brand. bought from babies r us 10yrs ago. love the wheels to wheel into bathroom after his breaky so i can shower or out to laundry while i hang washing (4 kids).
    the cover i can put in washing machine but its wipe clean. love the basket.
    he cant sit unassisted so just slumps in ikea ones as not supportive enough20190930_174841.jpg

9. The Following User Says Thank You to PinkPopsicle For This Useful Post:

SheWarrior (30-09-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    the steelcraft messina deluxe looks ok and ok price compared to the others

11. The Following User Says Thank You to PinkPopsicle For This Useful Post:

SheWarrior (30-09-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowangel0205 View Post
    We have just got an ingenuity 3 in 1 seat from big w.. it meets MOST of your criteria. If you have a big w nearby it might be worth checking out?

- easy clean (particularly the seat cover) ..... Its removable and washable. I like that it's not that cheap plasticy feel that the cheaper ones have. But it also may not clean up easily? We have not yet started solids....so can't comment

- able to recline (preferable).....it does, but only slightly

- adjustable height (preferable).... no, not exactly. You can configure it slightly different though

- not bulky .... the legs are a bit out there and it doesn't fold up. This is a bit tricky for us but we make it work. Its no bigger than some others

- easy to remove tray (one hand would be awesome).. yep. And a dishwasher friendly inlay

- wheels/easy to move around.... wheels on only the back. Makes it a bit challenging, but once you know to pick it up from the front of the seat and tilt it, not a problem

- fairly cheap (under $200/$250)..... $199.

We liked that it was a bit flexible as they grow older...and we plan to just take the "booster" seat part when we go places, like mum's... so that was a big selling point for us (although I guess we could have just got a regular one and a cheap one, or folding Kmart camping one for mum's... but storage at her house is a problem)

We also thought ds2 could use the toddler chair but he's a few kgs over the recommended weight of 23kgsAttachment 101664
    I was looking at this one just before actually! It’s so far top of the list if I can’t locate the Evenflo one! Thanks for the feedback on it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just found this one on COTD, anyone have it and have feedback? Looks to tick almost, if not all, the boxes.

https://m.catch.com.au/product/star-...11/?st=22&sp=1