+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 62 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, I am day 11 of a FET cycle, this is our last PGD tested embryo following two failed PGD tested transfers. We also had two chemicals prior to this, one following fresh transfer and one following a Letrozole ovulation cycle prior to starting IVF. This cycle I have taken Letrozole and I had a scan today. All is looking good and I have to have another scan on Friday then hopefully will transfer next week. If this last one doesn’t work then we will most likely do a third collection and give it one last shot.

We have been trying for almost two years now, the job I have now was supposed to be only short term as I thought we’d have had a baby by now, its just a job to me, and I don’t enjoy it. I have been successful and climbed the ranks since I’ve been there but it doesn’t excite me. I have two job interviews coming up. My current employer knows about the IVF and are understanding when I need days off for transfer or collections etc. One job interview is for where I have the ultrasounds done. It’s a big company so I doubt the interviewer will know that I’m having scans for IVF,l but would you tell the potential employer? I don’t think it’s any of their business yet as it may or may not happen but interested to get your thoughts!

Good luck to all those having a FET this month or are in the TWW.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lozzylou79 View Post
    Hi all, I am day 11 of a FET cycle, this is our last PGD tested embryo following two failed PGD tested transfers. We also had two chemicals prior to this, one following fresh transfer and one following a Letrozole ovulation cycle prior to starting IVF. This cycle I have taken Letrozole and I had a scan today. All is looking good and I have to have another scan on Friday then hopefully will transfer next week. If this last one doesn’t work then we will most likely do a third collection and give it one last shot.

We have been trying for almost two years now, the job I have now was supposed to be only short term as I thought we’d have had a baby by now, its just a job to me, and I don’t enjoy it. I have been successful and climbed the ranks since I’ve been there but it doesn’t excite me. I have two job interviews coming up. My current employer knows about the IVF and are understanding when I need days off for transfer or collections etc. One job interview is for where I have the ultrasounds done. It’s a big company so I doubt the interviewer will know that I’m having scans for IVF,l but would you tell the potential employer? I don’t think it’s any of their business yet as it may or may not happen but interested to get your thoughts!

Hi hun
    I am sorry it’s been hard for you. I told my employer that I am doing ivf and they are quite understanding if I need to take off but only thing I regret telling them is I am not getting any potential promotion opportunities. My boss never said that but I know she feels if I become pregnant and leave then she will have to find someone for that role.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lozzylou79 View Post

Hi Lozzylou! I’ve had two failed PGS tested embryos as well. One was a chemical. It’s really unlucky because out of two there is over an 80% of a baby! I asked to get a laparoscopy and hysteroscopy After the second failed and even though I have no symptoms, they found stage 2 endometriosis. My FS reckons it explains why I’d had no luck, I hope she is right! Thought I’d tell you that in case you haven’t looked into endo.

Re interview, I don’t think you need to say anything. It’s your business and you’re not obligated to share personal information unless you want to. I haven’t told my boss because I don’t want to be discriminated against. It does make it a little hard to take time off especially because before IVF a rarely took sick leave so it looks a little sus I’m sure. I’ve told a college so I can arrange ‘meetings’ with her to explain why I’m not in the office for an FET etc.

Good luck with the interviews!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @Lozzylou79 and @amiracle4me.
    HCG was 41 today so trending down but progesterone was back up to 35. The nurse said it looks like a non-viable pregnancy and I have to have more bloods in a week to confirm HCG is back to zero. Bleeding has settled down to just spotting now but still getting cramps.
    @Lozzylou79 I haven’t told my boss at my main job about IVF but I have told a couple of my close colleagues that I can swap shifts with if required. I don’t think I would say anything at a job interview, it’s really not their business at this stage and you never know how long this process is going to take anyway. Most places would be understanding but I wouldn’t want them to discriminate. Good luck for your upcoming FET and your job hunting🤞🤞🤞

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicnack View Post
    Hi Lozzylou! I’ve had two failed PGS tested embryos as well. One was a chemical. It’s really unlucky because out of two there is over an 80% of a baby! I asked to get a laparoscopy and hysteroscopy After the second failed and even though I have no symptoms, they found stage 2 endometriosis. My FS reckons it explains why I’d had no luck, I hope she is right! Thought I’d tell you that in case you haven’t looked into endo.

Re interview, I don’t think you need to say anything. It’s your business and you’re not obligated to share personal information unless you want to. I haven’t told my boss because I don’t want to be discriminated against. It does make it a little hard to take time off especially because before IVF a rarely took sick leave so it looks a little sus I’m sure. I’ve told a college so I can arrange ‘meetings’ with her to explain why I’m not in the office for an FET etc.

Good luck with the interviews!
    Thanks Nicnack, sorry your FET’s haven’t worked either, it’s so frustrating, do you have anymore PGS tested ones left? I had a hysteroscopy and endometrial biopsy done last month and have got the all clear. I’m hoping that having had the hysteroscopy might help things.

That’s good that you have a colleague to help you. I live about four hours away from my FS so I have to take days off for transfers and EPU, sometimes even US need a day off if I can’t get a time outside work hours. Though if I get the job it will make much easier!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarry11 View Post
    Thanks @Lozzylou79 and @amiracle4me.
    HCG was 41 today so trending down but progesterone was back up to 35. The nurse said it looks like a non-viable pregnancy and I have to have more bloods in a week to confirm HCG is back to zero. Bleeding has settled down to just spotting now but still getting cramps.
    @Lozzylou79 I haven’t told my boss at my main job about IVF but I have told a couple of my close colleagues that I can swap shifts with if required. I don’t think I would say anything at a job interview, it’s really not their business at this stage and you never know how long this process is going to take anyway. Most places would be understanding but I wouldn’t want them to discriminate. Good luck for your upcoming FET and your job hunting🤞🤞🤞
    So sorry to hear your HCG is dropping and am truly sorry for your loss.

My last transfer was 46 and dropped to 25 on follow up, I miscarried a few days later.

Take care of yourself

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyO View Post
    So sorry to hear your HCG is dropping and am truly sorry for your loss.

My last transfer was 46 and dropped to 25 on follow up, I miscarried a few days later.

Take care of yourself
    Thanks @BabyO sorry to hear about your last loss. It really is a tough journey we are all on.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Clarry11 For This Useful Post:

BabyO (20-11-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    10 🥚's I'm over the moon!

I know there will be attrition and we won't know till tomorrow how many fertilise and Monday to find out how many made it to freeze/test but by the numbers we stand a really good chance of getting 2.8 chromosomally normal embryos.

Considering last time was 4 eggs 2 fertilized giving us the likelihood of having 0.8 normal embryos I'm starting in a far better position this time

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BabyO For This Useful Post:

sathwa (21-11-2019),Silkentofu (20-11-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I know there will be attrition and we won't know till tomorrow how many fertilise and Monday to find out how many made it to freeze/test but by the numbers we stand a really good chance of getting 2.8 chromosomally normal embryos.

Considering last time was 4 eggs 2 fertilized giving us the likelihood of having 0.8 normal embryos I'm starting in a far better position this time
    Woo hoo! Congrats hun. Great numbers

12. The Following User Says Thank You to amiracle4me For This Useful Post:

BabyO (20-11-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews

Congratulations! They are great numbers! Are you getting PGS testing done?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Nicnack For This Useful Post:

BabyO (20-11-2019)