+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Have my waters broken?

Please forgive me for the TMI on the details, but i know i am in a safe environment here
    I am curious if my waters have broken or not?
    Today I am 37 + 2 and i have felt wet, down there, I have had some discharge on my underwaer, as I have had for weeks now. But I have also had small wet patches over the course of the day. Nothing big.... but I kinda feel little, trickle type feelings, but when I check, there is nothing much there at all.
    I have had no huge gush or anything like that.
    Honestly, I thought it was my bladder leaking at first Cause I need to pee soooooo much lately. 🤦🏻‍♀️
    I have been feeling some stretching and pressure down there and all the stabbing ligament stretching pains, braxton hicks etc, the works i guess.
    And last week and the week before I had a lot of sticky mucus type stuff in my underwear. So I thought maybe I lost my plug?
    Anyway, I had a bit of a Google and it said most women experience their waters breaking very slowly...
    I am just seeking advice of other mum's I guess.
    Thanks ladies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My midwife with my first told me to lay down and let it "pool" then stand up.

If you think your waters have broken, go get checked out.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mamasupial For This Useful Post:

FourPlusOne (26-09-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Could also be your hind waters which may explain the trickle, you can always smell it, it has a very unique smell, hard to describe, and sometimes it has white flecks in it also.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stacey10 For This Useful Post:

FourPlusOne (26-09-2019),Mod-Wise Enough (07-10-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had the exact same thing with my DD, i called the hospital and they told me to wear a pad then take it to them so they can check it
    I ended up having an ultrasound done, and they measured the waters around DD, i was still over the 75th percentile with the amount of fluid i had, needless to say it was still fully in tact.
    I was 39.6 weeks, i went into labor the next day.
    I think mine was just wishful thinking because i was so uncomfortable and i just wanted her out

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Kaat For This Useful Post:

FourPlusOne (26-09-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaat View Post
    I had the exact same thing with my DD, i called the hospital and they told me to wear a pad then take it to them so they can check it
    I ended up having an ultrasound done, and they measured the waters around DD, i was still over the 75th percentile with the amount of fluid i had, needless to say it was still fully in tact.
    I was 39.6 weeks, i went into labor the next day.
    I think mine was just wishful thinking because i was so uncomfortable and i just wanted her out
    Oh I see. Okay, thanks, lol, I'll put a pad on and see what I can collect

9. The Following User Says Thank You to FourPlusOne For This Useful Post:

Kaat (26-09-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If you think your waters have broken put a pad on and go in and get checked out. There’s a risk of infection once your waters have broken and the longer they’re broken the greater the risk. The midwives will check the pad if they need to, but will also possibly do a speculum inspection to see if they can see fluid coming through the cervix (and also to exclude anything like the umbilical cord coming through) and possibly do a swab if it’s inconclusive visually.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MLadyEm For This Useful Post:

FourPlusOne (26-09-2019),Mamasupial (26-09-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had exactly this with my second baby, waited all day to see if anything else would happen. I finally went in to get checked and yes, my waters had broken

13. The Following User Says Thank You to LittleBug'sMum For This Useful Post:

FourPlusOne (26-09-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FourPlusOne View Post
    Oh I see. Okay, thanks, lol, I'll put a pad on and see what I can collect
    The things we have to do good luck!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Kaat For This Useful Post:

FourPlusOne (26-09-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleBug'sMum View Post
    I had exactly this with my second baby, waited all day to see if anything else would happen. I finally went in to get checked and yes, my waters had broken
    Thank you, honestly I am having the same situation, nothing really happening, pad mot collecting anything, so maybe it's finished or I was wrong? Probably best to call the hospital. Lol I was just woken up by a pretty strong belly pain, so I'm just waiting to see if anymore will follow. Thanks for your help ladies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Did you know when your waters had broken with your previous four? We’re they all different? My first one felt a pop then trickled out, my second I gushed like a waterfall same with third. Couldn’t mistake it for anything else to be honest lol if nothing is really coming out then I would think no. But if unsure, always go get checked.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to MuMtORiLeYandLeO For This Useful Post:

FourPlusOne (08-10-2019)