Just wondering if anyone can share their experiences with silent reflux? My 7 week old has had terrible gas since birth which I think was caused by my oversupply. I have recently changed him to formula which stopped his gas, but I’ve noticed that over the last few days he has developed really bad reflux. He’s really fussy while he feeds and then will scream and cry inconsolably, sometimes for hours. I’m used to him crying for hours whenever he had gas but this crying is on a whole other level. He screams like he’s in awful pain and sometimes will keep screaming until he pretty much passes out. When I eventually do get him to sleep, it’s never more than 30 minutes before he’s woken up by pains. I also see him gagging on something over and over again, and he has a really sour smell on his breath. All of this sounds a lot like silent reflux but our GP insists that it’s just a stage that all babies go through and he’ll grow out of it eventually. I really can’t imagine that reflux to this degree is normal and now I’m at a loss as to what to do from here. I just want my baby to be happy and comfortable!

I don’t know if it’s related at all, but he did have his 6 week vaccinations last week and had a bad reaction to the rotavirus vaccine. The reflux symptoms appeared a couple of days after his vaccinations. Someone suggested that the vaccine may have brought on the reflux, thoughts?