+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Acupuncture in Brisbane or not?

Hi ladies,
    I’m new here and have had two unsuccessful ivf stim cycles. I’m looking to try again but wanted to check if anyone in Brisbane has had acupuncture and been successful. If so, when did you start, how many sessions did you do. Where did you go?
    A little about me. I’m 40, single and using donor sperm. I don’t have any infertility issues except I’m the wrong side age-wise and my AMH is around 7.
    My last protocol was 10 days of bemfola 150, orgalutran and dectapeptyl to trigger.
    Any advice?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes. I LOVED it. I started midway through a FET cycle and then had a successful pregnancy 2 cycles later. I was going 1-2x a week during ivf depending on where I was at. Once I got pregnant I continued every couple of weeks to keep me in good stead during my pregnancy and then started the induction acupuncture around 35/36 weeks. I LOVED it and would highly recommend.

I am on the hunt for a new acupuncturist though after mine moved up the Sunshine Coast. If Buderim is a doable trip for you, I’ll give you his info because he is seriously amazing.

So far I have been recommended
    - Sian Cross at Camp Hill/Mt Gravatt
    - Alan Jansson at Woolloongabba
    - Integral acupuncture at Tarragindi
    - Georgie at Fertility and Acupuncture Clinic Spring Hill (same building as QFG Watkins Medical Centre).

I’ve used Lynne Kershaw before on recommendation and really didn’t like her and know 4 other people that felt the same. Very abrupt and not very personable.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello Aya79, I would like to recommend acupuncture treatment if you are doing IVF. It really worked for me. I started it before egg collection and till after embryo transfer. I don’t know where you live in Brisbane but in Redbank plaza medical Center it’s bulk billed. You don’t have to pay for it. I had it here for free. But my cycle was in Melbourne and I did pay around $170 for each session there. You can try if it’s not too far from you. All the best for your Ivf journey.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @MLadyEm and @Rose13 I appreciate you both getting back to me. It sounds like you both had positive experiences! I had no idea about bulk billing IVF. I’m on the Northside so will see if I can find a place over here or in the city.
    I’ve learnt so much from this site!
    Best wishes to the both of you also

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I’ve also just heard of another recommendation. Ginseng acupuncture at Stafford Heights. direct quote from my friend...

“John Taylor at Ginseng acupuncture at Stafford Heights. Went in my last pregnancy for back pain and it was 95% gone in one session! I usually feel more comfortable with female practitioners but he was absolutely lovely, a very gentle soul. His massage was like some kind of magic ! They do a lot of pregnancy care there.”