+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Long cycle the month after stim cycle?

Hi ladies, has anyone else has experienced a long cycle the month after egg collection? I haven't had any ovulation pain this month and am currently day 36, when I'm usually a 29-30 day cycle. I'm definitely not pregnant, despite giving it a good go anyway

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes definitely. After my stim cycle I didn't get my period until about day 48, and I think I ovulated around day 34/35. My cycles are usually spot on 33 days in length. It was bizarre. My FS made clear that the ovaries can go into a bit of shock after all the meds and the retrieval itself, so to expect a month or two before the cycles return to normal.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Toebeans For This Useful Post:

sathwa (22-09-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi! I'm new to this hub and not sure how to post!! - SO Sorry to post in this section.. Is anyone 38 or 39 going through IVF? 🙂

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yep. Three stims, and long cycle after each one. Generally I was on a 26ish day cycle, but up around the 36 mark the cycle after a stim. I elected not to transfer the cycle after the third stim, as I figured my system was all messed up.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SJ565 For This Useful Post:

sathwa (22-09-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Toebeans View Post
    Yes definitely. After my stim cycle I didn't get my period until about day 48, and I think I ovulated around day 34/35. My cycles are usually spot on 33 days in length. It was bizarre. My FS made clear that the ovaries can go into a bit of shock after all the meds and the retrieval itself, so to expect a month or two before the cycles return to normal.
    Thank you! I wasn't warned of this at all so I'm glad to hear it's normal. I'll give it some more time then before I worry about my period going completely AWOL. I did a stim cycle back in 2017 and the cycle after was my usual length, so I was a bit surprised this time for it to go longer. Thanks for responding

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SJ565 View Post
    Yep. Three stims, and long cycle after each one. Generally I was on a 26ish day cycle, but up around the 36 mark the cycle after a stim. I elected not to transfer the cycle after the third stim, as I figured my system was all messed up.
    Thanks so much, it's reassuring to read this. I might chat to my FS as we were planning to go for a FET next cycle, whenever day 1 decides to appear. We decided to take a break this month but I was not expecting it to be such a long break!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Raym889 View Post
    Hi! I'm new to this hub and not sure how to post!! - SO Sorry to post in this section.. Is anyone 38 or 39 going through IVF? ������
    Hi! You might want to post on the main IVF page, go to this link and "Post new thread" https://www.bubhub.com.au/community/...lay.php?64-IVF (Also I was 39 when I first did IVF, my first PGS FET transfer worked and I now have a 17 month old). Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    So my period arrived the day after posting this message, wouldn't you know it! I ended up having a 36 day cycle which is about a week longer than usual for me. Thought it would be handy to post when it actually arrived incase anyone else has this question in the future.