+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Sunshine Coast - recommendations

Hey Mama’s

I need a break from the IVF circus and we’re thinking of taking out 4yr old to the Sunshine Coast. We’ve done the Goldie and can’t go overseas at this present time so it seems easy.

If you’ve been before and had a blast with your family please can you share with me your best hotels ( must do family rooms! ) and ‘must do’ activities.

Thank you. ☀️

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Sunshine Coast - recommendations

I’ve been several times to the Sunshine Coast. My friend owns a holiday rental apartment at Clubb Coolum and so we usually stay there in her apartment. It’s a great location right across from the beach and short stroll to all the shops. Plus Coolum is a nice place too. You can take the 4 year old to Aussie world. It’s really good for kids that age. We also went to the big pineapple and there’s a zoo next to it that you can get a little train to. There’s a maze with putt putt (can’t remember what it’s called) but my kids enjoyed it. Plus just chilling in the pool or beach. The apartment complex has a pool and games room plus tennis courts.

ETA - we also drove up to Noosa for the day and hired a boat.

https://www.clubbcoolum.com.au
    Last edited by BigRedV; 08-09-2019 at 05:20.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We always go to Mooloolaba. We like the beach, cafes, a quick trip to Underwater World (Sea Life I think it’s called now), sometimes Australia Zoo on the way home.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    There’s heaps of different areas to stay and they are all nice. The level of ‘busy’ varies across them. Noosa is the busiest, followed by Mooloolaba, Cotton Tree, Coolum, Peregian and Mudjimba. (There are more spots on the southern end but I’m not so familiar with them). I really like Cotton Tree and it would be great with a 4 year old as the swimming area is at the mouth of the river and it’s really calm. Many of the other beaches are lovely, but can get rough. Heaps of park area and playgrounds too. To make the most of the coast you really need a car so grab a rental (if you’re not driving up). Things to drive to: Australia Zoo (good but really expensive / over priced) or Wildlife HQ (a much more chilled out zoo), SeaLife, a walk somewhere in the hinterland area, coastal walk (Noosa National Park is the best but very crowded, Coolum is another option), various beaches (Noosa Main Beach is the most sheltered and arguably the nicest, but very busy), Aussie World (I haven’t been so not sure if it’s suitable for a 4 yo), Ginger Factory (it’s a bit weird but a 4 yo would love it).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Cotton Tree is lovely for families.

Eumundi Markets are a must-do and Ginger Factory. Australia Zoo is another great day out.