+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Move FE created by DE to another clinic

Hi everyone, has anyone moved their frozen embryos created by donor eggs brought in from overseas fertilised with DH sperm from one clinic in Australia to a different clinic in Australia or know if it is possible?

Not feeling particularly happy with my clinic. I can't see anything in our paperwork to say we have to keep our frozen embies with our current clinic...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Baby4BB

It may vary from State to State but we were explicitly told by our clinic that because we used a clinic recruiter donor we would be unable to move our embryos to another clinic.

Were the donor eggs clinic recruited?

It might be worthwhile calling the clinic where you are planning to move to and get their advice.

All the best!

PyPy

3. The Following User Says Thank You to PyPy For This Useful Post:

Baby4BB (05-09-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Did the clinic import the eggs? Or did you do a cycle overseas and bring in your own embryos?

If the clinic imported the eggs they have a legal obligation under Australian donor rules to track the outcome of the cycle and ensure the relevant donor family limits are adhered to. In those cases they generally don’t allow embryos to be transferred between clinics as they can’t then meet their obligations under the law.

R

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Risa78 For This Useful Post:

Baby4BB (05-09-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for replying @PyPy and @Risa78

We imported the eggs from Manor IVF though our clinic. All financial and agreement was on Manor letterhead and payment direct to them.

The clinic provided us with the donor profiles and recieved the FE.

I understand the legal obligation for the clinic to report the outcome but couldn't any clinic do this??

I'll give the clinic we are thinking of moving to a call this morning and see what they say.

Thanks again

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I suspect they may say no I’m afraid. Your clinic is responsible as they received the frozen eggs.

Unfortunately there isn’t a central system that manages donors so each clinic is responsible for their own. They do this by basically ensuring the donor is exclusive to them. If no other clinic in Australia has that donor then the clinic can meet their obligation to track donor limits as they have all the info. If the embryos are transferred, they have to trust a third party to update them and I haven’t heard of a clinic agreeing to that.

I’m a single woman and unfortunately this is a very common hurdle faced by us when we want to switch clinics.

That said you never know until you ask! So always worth trying.

R

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well interestingly the clinic I called yesterday said they would not take me as a client with embryos created by DE from Manor not for any reason like the legal obligation to report cycle outcomes. When I asked why the staff member I spoke to she said it was because Manor pay their donors. When I said all of the egg banks pay their donors she clarified to say they believe Manor pay more than they should for out of pocket expenses.

It all sounds like BS to me and all it is the clinic protecting the business relationship they have with their own egg supplier. This particular clinic uses the TWEB. If fact I would be very happy to bet that TWEB pays their donors more than Manor!