+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 LastLast
    hakuna matata is online now The artist formerly know as babyhopeful
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Burgers on the BBQ.

I snuck out for lunch with a friend though and am still too full to eat. No dinner for me I guess.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Roast pumpkin soup with toasted fresh sourdough

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Curry mince with loads of veggies, rice on the side & fresh sourdough bread

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Lamb cutlets and steamed veg with mash.

I'm not cooking tomorrow. I made the joke to mum that "tomorrow they'll be lucky if they get toast for dinner, it might just be bread. I'm NOT cooking" 😅 more so referring to my dad who will lay in bed, and not have even considered sorting himself out at 8pm or later if I'm busy... then makes it clear he really only likes meat and veg, casseroles and old school meals .... and says he's easy to live with. 🙄

No dad, you're freaking hard. No one else wants or would tolerate veggies 7 days a week. If I can convince the kids 3 or 4 times a week to eat veggies we're going great.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We had chicken and ginger wontons that BF's sister made for an entree 🤤 For main I made a Malaysian Satay dish, it was absolutely foul. It was a packet spice mix from Aldi and all I could taste was vinegar. After adding copious amounts of peanut butter, soy sauce and Mae ploy the kids wolfed it down. I couldn't stomach it and had leftovers

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    can someone please help? i’m making a new chicken teriyaki recipe in a slow cooker. recipe called for two teaspoons of minced ginger. i put it in and returned the jar to the fridge. put the cooker on and all is good. i’ve gone back to check the ginger to see if we need more as i like to add things to my grocery list as i go. i check and see a spot of mold, it’s the white type and i didn’t notice it initially. farrrrrk. what do i do with my food? it’s two chicken boobs in 3/4 of a cup of teriyaki sauce, 1 small sliced onion, 2 sliced carrots, two teaspoons of rice wine vinegar and some minced garlic (which seemed non-moldy). wwyd? keep or toss the meal? i’ve tossed the jar obviously but nervous about the potential for mold to be in the food. i didn’t notice any obviously when i put it in but i know mold has spores so there could be tiny amounts not visible to the eye. google isn’t helping, it’s saying some mold can be deadly. i’m stressing out so please help!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    can someone please help? i’m making a new chicken teriyaki recipe in a slow cooker. recipe called for two teaspoons of minced ginger. i put it in and returned the jar to the fridge. put the cooker on and all is good. i’ve gone back to check the ginger to see if we need more as i like to add things to my grocery list as i go. i check and see a spot of mold, it’s the white type and i didn’t notice it initially. farrrrrk. what do i do with my food? it’s two chicken boobs in 3/4 of a cup of teriyaki sauce, 1 small sliced onion, 2 sliced carrots, two teaspoons of rice wine vinegar and some minced garlic (which seemed non-moldy). wwyd? keep or toss the meal? i’ve tossed the jar obviously but nervous about the potential for mold to be in the food. i didn’t notice any obviously when i put it in but i know mold has spores so there could be tiny amounts not visible to the eye. google isn’t helping, it’s saying some mold can be deadly. i’m stressing out so please help!!
    I’d eat it but I’m also very much on the “she’ll be right” side of things. I’ve left meals on the bench overnight and still eaten them. I’ve cut mould off bread and toasted it.

I draw the line at anything dodgy with uncooked meat. I’d never use any meat if it wasn’t stored properly but I’d be okay with the issue you’re facing.

Oh and I used curry powder recently that had a best before date of 2014 so yeah, I’m pretty slack with that sort of stuff.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to GirlsRock For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast (16-09-2021)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlsRock View Post
    I’d eat it but I’m also very much on the “she’ll be right” side of things. I’ve left meals on the bench overnight and still eaten them. I’ve cut mould off bread and toasted it.

I draw the line at anything dodgy with uncooked meat. I’d never use any meat if it wasn’t stored properly but I’d be okay with the issue you’re facing.

Oh and I used curry powder recently that had a best before date of 2014 so yeah, I’m pretty slack with that sort of stuff.
    you and i are cut from the same cloth then. we are very much the same. it was google that threw me off as it said some molds can be fatal. i’d be surprised if that was from food mold, i mean there’s probably a difference to potentially consuming a small amount of mold from some minced ginger as opposed to say, eating a piece of rotting meat found outside in 40C weather.

i’d never eat undercooked chicken, it’s my one food kryptonite. i’ll eat raw sashimi and i love steak tartare and blue steaks but chicken and pork and whitefish must be cooked properly. curry powder from 2014 wouldn’t phase me either

10. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

GirlsRock (16-09-2021)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm a freak with food so I personally probably would chuck the meal. 😅

That being said, I would potentially consider if I touched the mold with the spoon, if I thought there was any that actually made it in the dish etc... but in the end I think I'd be of the cautious type, bin it, and order pizza.

That said, I'm super picky anyway (and I think we are polar opposites in what we would eat 🤣) my steaks inside must be as charred as the outside, I don't eat seafood in any way shape or form no sushi, absolutely no sashimi. All white meat must be thawed fully and cooked well with no sign of pink. Come to think of it, even my lamb and beef roasts have no pink....

Df loves rare steak. I may moo at him as he eats it 🤣🤣 as I tell him, if I see pink I worry it'll get up and walk off, it's gotta be properly dead

Eta: I'd probably have used the curry powder if I needed it and had nothing else. Dry goods are different to fresh and I'm a bit relaxed with them. But last week I the out 4 cake packet mixed with early 2020 dates, mostly because I figure they may not rise as well
    Last edited by EnchantedGrace; 16-09-2021 at 16:01.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to EnchantedGrace For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast (16-09-2021)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by EnchantedGrace View Post
    I'm a freak with food so I personally probably would chuck the meal.

That being said, I would potentially consider if I touched the mold with the spoon, if I thought there was any that actually made it in the dish etc... but in the end I think I'd be of the cautious type, bin it, and order pizza.

That said, I'm super picky anyway (and I think we are polar opposites in what we would eat 🤣) my steaks inside must be as charred as the outside, I don't eat seafood in any way shape or form no sushi, absolutely no sashimi. All white meat must be thawed fully and cooked well with no sign of pink. Come to think of it, even my lamb and beef roasts have no pink....
    lol we are polar opposites with meat then!!

look i’ll probably just chance jt, end of the day it was 2 teaspoons and i doubt they actually contained full chunks of mold. i mean maybe some spores got in, who knows. i’ll sample a bit and assuming no adverse reactions i’ll assume it safe. i’m sure one time would be ok anyway, hardly like we are consuming moldy minced ginger regularly.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

EnchantedGrace (16-09-2021)