+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default what things have you accepted your partner will never change

it occurred to me tonight, as i moved dh’s jacket off the bannister of the stairs where he left it, that he’s probably likely never to put clothes away at the time he takes them off where they actually belong. he always takes something off and puts it down “temporarily”, meaning it’ll sit there until he’s ready to put it away properly or i get annoyed and put it away first (which is what happens 100% of the time). i’ve asked him to put things away right away instead of using the house as a temporary walk-in closet, but he always either makes up an excuse as to why it was impracticable this time, or tells me he was going to get to it. eventually. when’s that? next year?

does my head in! it occurred to me tonight he might be like this forever.

interested to hear what things your partner does that annoy you but that you’ve accepted are part of their dna and likely never to change.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats (31-08-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    For us its DH’s work boots. Im sure he’a gunna keep leaving them right in the pathway i walk thru the garage and ill keep tripping on them forever

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default what things have you accepted your partner will never change

Sooooo timely, although I’ve got PMS so my patience has been non existent today. The mental load I carry for the house is massive and at the weekend I don’t want to ask my husband 3 times to do the same thing. For example, move his huge headphones off the kitchen counter, shut the balcony door when I’ve literally shut it myself twice and he’s decided to go out and take the air and leave it wide open and 14 degrees when I’m giving DD her bath... And the shorts that live on our kitchen chairs permanently... and on and on. I even today asked him where I could place a hook for his bloody headphones and he said nowhere as he’ll keep them in his bag. It’s like.. dude. Pull the other one, it’s got bells on.

Honestly, your post has scared me as it’s made me think that he may never change and I’ll be nagging him about the same things forever. I don’t want to be that nagging wife. How do you stop?!
    Last edited by amiracle4me; 31-08-2019 at 20:31.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Pretty much everything. And I’m not just saying that to be funny. After almost 14 years, the little things I used to be able to overlook **** me to tears and don’t seem so little any more.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow it's so hard to know where to begin.

Not taking his shoes off in the house. I can't stand shoes in the house, particularly bedrooms, it makes my skin crawl.

Edited to wonder whether the above qualifies since I haven't accepted it as something that he can't change.
    Last edited by Kalina; 31-08-2019 at 20:59.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just that he is incredibly selfish and will always put himself first, that's a given. His first reaction in every situation ( including me going to hospital to have a baby) is "how will this affect me, will I be inconvenienced in any possible way". I don't think he actually notices he does it. He thinks it is normal. He is definitely the absolute epitome of white male privilege.

That he will always have a sulk if he is required to spend his own money on anything or anyone other than himself (Honestly seems to have a belief that he "shouldn't" have to pay bills like everyone else in the world, I'm not sure where that comes from, possibly living at home with his parents until he was 30 and never having to lift a finger or pay for anything)

That he has major issues with technology, hates mobile phones or anyone being ON a mobile phone. He doesn't own one. If I am ever on my phone, even for a second he has a tantrum. I don't see that every changing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachel3072 View Post
    Just that he is incredibly selfish and will always put himself first, that's a given. His first reaction in every situation ( including me going to hospital to have a baby) is "how will this affect me, will I be inconvenienced in any possible way". I don't think he actually notices he does it. He thinks it is normal. He is definitely the absolute epitome of white male privilege.

That he will always have a sulk if he is required to spend his own money on anything or anyone other than himself (Honestly seems to have a belief that he "shouldn't" have to pay bills like everyone else in the world, I'm not sure where that comes from, possibly living at home with his parents until he was 30 and never having to lift a finger or pay for anything)

That he has major issues with technology, hates mobile phones or anyone being ON a mobile phone. He doesn't own one. If I am ever on my phone, even for a second he has a tantrum. I don't see that every changing.
    gosh, what a catch!

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

Californication (01-09-2019),Mashie (01-09-2019),PinkPopsicle (02-09-2019),postie (06-09-2019),Rachel3072 (01-09-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wish I could take away his anxiety. It drives me insane sometimes but it comes with him so I have learnt to live with it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    gosh, what a catch!
    Yep... but it's been 17 years, and guess Im used to it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    gosh, what a catch!
    lol

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

Rachel3072 (01-09-2019),turquoisecoast (01-09-2019)