+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Estraderm/Evorel patch script?

Does anyone know if a GP can prescribe the above? I need it for overseas DE IVF and am hoping I can get it from my GP instead of having to go back to my old FS

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful137 View Post
    Does anyone know if a GP can prescribe the above? I need it for overseas DE IVF and am hoping I can get it from my GP instead of having to go back to my old FS
    Hi @Hopeful137 just wondering if you had any success with getting a GP to prescribe you everything you needed for your doner egg cycle? I live in Karratha WA and have a letter from Ruth Pellow to give to a GP but I'm nervous they won't help.

By the way just wanted to say I'm very excited for you having a second child. I am also trying for a second and read some of your difficult journey and your success with a doner egg, it helped me get across the line in realising a second baby was more important then my own egg.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gypsychild View Post
    Hi @Hopeful137 just wondering if you had any success with getting a GP to prescribe you everything you needed for your doner egg cycle? I live in Karratha WA and have a letter from Ruth Pellow to give to a GP but I'm nervous they won't help.

By the way just wanted to say I'm very excited for you having a second child. I am also trying for a second and read some of your difficult journey and your success with a doner egg, it helped me get across the line in realising a second baby was more important then my own egg.
    Hey lovely! Sorry to hear you’re also having a difficult time ❤️ And I’m glad I was inadvertently able to help you make a decision My GP was very happy to prescribe me the patch and organise ultrasounds and bloods, but she had known all about our journey. Have you mentioned it to your GP before?

I require a lot of luteal phase support, my body doesn’t absorb progesterone very well. But I was very fortunate that I had a stock pile of FS scripts for these meds, so I just used them and followed my usual regime. And I’ve actually planned ahead for my final two donor egg cycles for baby #3 early next year and got some new FS scripts at the end of last year (since they are valid for a year)- I went back to them for early pregnancy management and made sure to ask for them at my last appointment before I transferred to my OB

And I was also seeing Dr M so he prescribed all my immune related meds.

Best of luck!