+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Steam Mop recommendations.

I need something to deep clean in places where my broom and/or mop can’t reach such as under the cupboard doors in the kitchen and on the edge of the bathroom tiles and polished floors etc etc.

Something reasonably priced would be great too!

Oh and easy to use.

Amy recommendations?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    i’ve heard the kmart steam mop is supposed to be amazing. i haven’t used it personally myself though so can’t speak from personal experience.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    i’ve heard the kmart steam mop is supposed to be amazing. i haven’t used it personally myself though so can’t speak from personal experience.
    Ooohhh I do love me some Kmart! Will have a look online.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to HearMeRoar For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast (24-08-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have a hoover steam mop. I do like the way it cleans the flat surfaces of tiles. I also have a 'steam matey' which can do grout grooves etc.

Honestly, I bought them thinking it would make my life easier, neither have. The steam matey needs to pause to reheat so often that fiddly cleaning is faster with a grout brush (and better). The seam mop is cumbersome and just doesn't quite clean right into the corners. Despite the pads on the stem mop beigg fairly plush microfibre, they just don't touch the grout, in fact the dirty water that steaming creates tends to fall into the grout. It's better on the new tiling we did in the bathroom which has narrow, shallow grout joins. I've gone back to an old school mop for thorough cleans and just use the steam mop for a quick once over of the main floor areas.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Steam Mop recommendations.

I have a euroflex. It’s expensive but worth it. It can do my whole house without refilling. The only problem I’ve encountered is that you have to take the cloth off at the end of each mop and let it dry on the clothesline or hand wash it after each use because if it dries whilst still on the mop it leaves steaks the next time. But there are loads of spare cloths and it also does carpet but I have not tried it yet on carpet. Other than that I love it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The old Kmart model was good but it only lasted me a year before it broke, and I didn’t even use it often! The new one with the diamond head seems to have mixed reviews.