+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default First FET for a sibling failed ☹️

Hi ladies!

As the title says we have just done our first FET after a natural cycle 2 years ago which thankfully gave us our beautiful daughter, unfortunately this first FET has failed. It was a natural FET with no medications at all and a good quality embryo that thawed well so I’m feeling really deflated and defeated (partly thanks to period hormones I imagine)

has anyone else had a failed first FET then gone on to have a success second time around? Sorry I think I’m just looking for some positive stories to cheer me up and gear me up for round two 🤞🏻

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsBMum2be View Post
    Hi ladies!

As the title says we have just done our first FET after a natural cycle 2 years ago which thankfully gave us our beautiful daughter, unfortunately this first FET has failed. It was a natural FET with no medications at all and a good quality embryo that thawed well so I’m feeling really deflated and defeated (partly thanks to period hormones I imagine)

has anyone else had a failed first FET then gone on to have a success second time around? Sorry I think I’m just looking for some positive stories to cheer me up and gear me up for round two 🤞🏻
    Sorry to hear about your BFN. It is always disappointing
    I can give you a positive story! After 10 failed transfers (fresh and frozen) I am currently pregnant with my first through IUI with donor sperm. It can definitely happen!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nettz84 View Post
    Sorry to hear about your BFN. It is always disappointing
    I can give you a positive story! After 10 failed transfers (fresh and frozen) I am currently pregnant with my first through IUI with donor sperm. It can definitely happen!
    Oh that’s fantastic, congratulations!!! So happy you’ve had success! It is really good to read positive stories like this one ❤️ xx

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsBMum2be For This Useful Post:

nettz84 (23-08-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can’t really help but our situation is similar. I have an 18 month girl from a natural FET and we’re trying for our second. We haven’t got to transfer yet tho! First cycle cancelled after a difficult ET pregnancy has put my left ovary behind my uterus, second cancelled due to breakthrough ovulation for a medicated FET and now waiting for my period to do a natural FET. I know exactly how you’re feeling itsdo hard when it doesn’t work especially when everything looks so perfect but unfortunately it’s out of our control there isn’t anything we can do we just have to hope but also keep in mind that it might not too. Do you have more frozen?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mumma2be13 For This Useful Post:

MrsBMum2be (23-08-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mumma2be13 View Post
    I can’t really help but our situation is similar. I have an 18 month girl from a natural FET and we’re trying for our second. We haven’t got to transfer yet tho! First cycle cancelled after a difficult ET pregnancy has put my left ovary behind my uterus, second cancelled due to breakthrough ovulation for a medicated FET and now waiting for my period to do a natural FET. I know exactly how you’re feeling itsdo hard when it doesn’t work especially when everything looks so perfect but unfortunately it’s out of our control there isn’t anything we can do we just have to hope but also keep in mind that it might not too. Do you have more frozen?
    Oh wow gosh you have had a lot going on!! Do you ono why they do medicated or non medicated?
    Yeah we have 5 more frozen blasts so hopefully one of them works for us 🤞🏻 how about yourself?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsBMum2be View Post
    Oh wow gosh you have had a lot going on!! Do you ono why they do medicated or non medicated?
    Yeah we have 5 more frozen blasts so hopefully one of them works for us 🤞🏻 how about yourself?
    Wow! 5 is amazing. We’re mfi but out of 10 eggs we only got 2 😩 but 2 is better than none so I’m grateful.

Some women who dont ovulate or have lining problems etc need to have the medicated cycle. In my case it was so they can have complete control of your cycle so transfer day doesn’t fall on the weekend!! Medicated doesn’t work for me so they’re allowing me to do natural again. Our clinic changed to low cost ivf since my daughter so they like other low cost clinics they no longer offer natural and told me if you want to go natural you’ll have to be a private patient of my fs but he said not to worry and he told the clinic we’re doing a natural so I’m very very grateful to him. Will your clinic allow you to do back to back cycles?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yep, I can!

I have a 2 year old daughter and we decided to try for a sibling.

First FET failed (didn't even try to take) but second one succeeded and I'm now 18 weeks pregnant at 45 years of age

All embryos were from the same cycle.

There is hope

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Blossom74 View Post
    Yep, I can!

I have a 2 year old daughter and we decided to try for a sibling.

First FET failed (didn't even try to take) but second one succeeded and I'm now 18 weeks pregnant at 45 years of age

All embryos were from the same cycle.

There is hope
    Oh sounds promising!! Thanks for replying!! Congratulations on your pregnancy that’s fantastic!! I really hope we are the same, I’m going to spend the next 30 days eating well and exercising a little bit just to get my body in a good spot before we try again 🤞🏻

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsBMum2be For This Useful Post:

Blossom74 (31-08-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mumma2be13 View Post
    Wow! 5 is amazing. We’re mfi but out of 10 eggs we only got 2 but 2 is better than none so I’m grateful.

Some women who dont ovulate or have lining problems etc need to have the medicated cycle. In my case it was so they can have complete control of your cycle so transfer day doesn’t fall on the weekend!! Medicated doesn’t work for me so they’re allowing me to do natural again. Our clinic changed to low cost ivf since my daughter so they like other low cost clinics they no longer offer natural and told me if you want to go natural you’ll have to be a private patient of my fs but he said not to worry and he told the clinic we’re doing a natural so I’m very very grateful to him. Will your clinic allow you to do back to back cycles?
    And those two could be your babies ❤️

Oh okay makes sense!! Our issue is me - I have no tubes unfortunately and some slight PCOS they think so technically everything is not a other than missing some pieces in there 🤷🏼‍♀️

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm in exactly the same boat as you. I have a 16 month old son from my first FET in 2017 and in June this year had a failed FET. It was a PGS normal embryo from the same batch as my son. We have a PGS mosaic embryo from that batch left, but decided to do a stim cycle in July and have one "no result" PGS tested embryo to use. So next month we will be transferring one of those and crossing our fingers. After the FET in June I totally thought I was pregnant, had all the symptoms I did with my son but think it was all the meds. Wishing you all the best and hope we both get lucky with FET number 2!