+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just a reminder to everyone to think before you post. Especially when it comes to responding to someone you think is having a go.
    It can be hard to interpret intent accurately.
    Be kind.
    Thread closed for Mod discussion and clean up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I’ve cleaned up this thread. A couple of points as I re-open the thread:
    1. It’s a wwyd- be prepared for others not to agree
    2. Disagree respectfully
    3. Keep personal gripes out of threads. Take it to PM and sort it out.
    4. If you can’t sort it out in pm, stay away from each other. Back and forth doesn’t make anyone look good.

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mod-LIKE A BOSS For This Useful Post:

Mod-Degrassi (23-08-2019),Mod-Uniquey (24-08-2019),Mum-I-Am (22-08-2019),SSecret Squirrel (22-08-2019),turquoisecoast (22-08-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would of put the capsule on the front passenger seat next to you. I assume you are only reversing a few metres at most.
    But that aside, gosh I hate it when ppl park so damn close to the car.
    You are both safe so dont stress about it any more.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tinkers For This Useful Post:

Bluebirdgirl (23-08-2019),LoveMyWay (22-08-2019),turquoisecoast (22-08-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Geeze that sounds like the parenting night from hell. I would have done exactly the same thing, am sure it was super quick to move the car and you were watching baby the whole time. After a night like that the last thing you really need is hubby scolding you.

You know what though, you’re both fine, baby was fine, so I really wouldn’t be stressing too much about it anymore. Sometimes you just have to do what you can!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Clementine Grace For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast (22-08-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I probably would’ve done what you did. And honestly I’m sure you did what you felt was the best option at the time. None of us were there, not even your DH. I think it’s pretty unfair of him to criticise the decision you made at the time.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hollywood For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard (22-08-2019),Mod-LIKE A BOSS (22-08-2019),turquoisecoast (22-08-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    I probably would’ve done what you did. And honestly I’m sure you did what you felt was the best option at the time. None of us were there, not even your DH. I think it’s pretty unfair of him to criticise the decision you made at the time.
    yeah that’s the bit that i found upsetting, i was like i did what was best (imo) in the moment. i didn’t make a decision that i thought was dangerous or anything to endanger her safety. i mean it just doesn’t compute to even accuse me of it because it’s so ludicrous. anyway he’s apologized but i was expecting a bit more sympathy from him when i told him the story. instead he instantly singled out my bad call and proceeded to make me feel rubbish about not doing what he would’ve done in the same situation. tbh putting the capsule in the boot/front seat didn’t actually cross my mind!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I don’t think you did anything wrong, it was a difficult predicament and you did the best you could given the circumstances. When I think of any time I’ve been to a night-time meeting / info night at DDs school, the carpark is pretty dead. I would definitely do this at her school at night.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to JR03 For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast (22-08-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    To be honest I would have just done anything, anyone of those scenarios to me would have worked fine, I probably would have been of the attitude of getting the heck home, and to then have to deal with that I would have sworn a lot, then probably proceeded to swear under my breath at the baby for crying, or asked her to be quiet, while I was dealing with everything, which we all know how much that would help, honestly, you do what you have to do in any one given situation, in most cases the decisions are made because they solve the problem and are quick, bam, all done problem solved type of decisions, I don’t think most people will stand there for minutes and deliberate all their options of which option a, b or c is the safest and what could or would be likely to happen if this or that happened, especially not with a grumpy baby carrying on, you made your decision based on the outcome you could see at the time, who cares what anyone else says they would have done, it was right for you and Bub, your home, your safe, your d/h wasn’t there, wasn’t dealing with the baby and didn’t have to make a quick decision, easy to be an armchair parent when you don’t have to deal with the emotion of a distressed, cranky baby in tow. I don’t think any of the options you had were wrong in the sense of being omg wrong, how could she do that, they were options, I definitely wouldn’t be getting another car seat out, with a crying baby, in the dark, in winter, I’d be choosing the quickest option.
    Last edited by stacey10; 23-08-2019 at 05:58.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stacey10 For This Useful Post:

SuperGranny (23-08-2019),turquoisecoast (23-08-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    What I would have done ... (and yes, I know it would be an inconvenience but I still think it's the better option...)

First Option - I would take bub back inside to see if I could find the owner of the vehicle that parked too close to mine, and ask them to move their car.

Second Option - If I couldn't locate the owner and there was someone else present that I knew and trusted, I'd ask them to hold/mind baby while I moved my car.

Failing all of that, I'd place bub in their capsule on the front seat next to me - presuming there were only a couple of metres to drive to see you clear of the other car. I would feel sick doing it though.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

LoveMyWay (24-08-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Blossom74 View Post
    What I would have done ... (and yes, I know it would be an inconvenience but I still think it's the better option...)

First Option - I would take bub back inside to see if I could find the owner of the vehicle that parked too close to mine, and ask them to move their car.

Second Option - If I couldn't locate the owner and there was someone else present that I knew and trusted, I'd ask them to hold/mind baby while I moved my car.

Failing all of that, I'd place bub in their capsule on the front seat next to me - presuming there were only a couple of metres to drive to see you clear of the other car. I would feel sick doing it though.
    options 1 and 2 not practical; it was cold and dark and starting to rain, plus i wasn’t parked that close to the building. i was a tad nervous walking back to the car on my own as it was, definitely didn’t fancy going back again on my own. also what was i going to do? charge into the seminar and demand the attention of the audience? it all seemed a bit over the top, esp with a screaming baby in tow.

i don’t honestly believe anyone in the actual
    situation would bother going back in. it was freezing and really dark. i just wanted to get the hell out of there and home, not stuff around waiting for someone to move their crappily parked car.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

stacey10 (23-08-2019)