+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would have tried to put the capsule in from the other side. If you had ds car seat in the way I would have moved front seat forward to move capsule around .
    I wouldn't have left her in the pram outside as it was dark and someone could easily not see her in the pram and I don't think it would have been as big a risk having her in car reversing slightly out of a car park and moving over.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Purple Poppy For This Useful Post:

LoveMyWay (22-08-2019),turquoisecoast (22-08-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would have tried to put the capsule in from the other side too and removed the other car seat if it was obstructing.

Or I'm assuming you were in the school car park? Gone back inside to the orientation and asked the teacher / presenter to get the person to move their car?

I would not have been keen on either of the options in your post - boot or baby in the pram. At a pinch, I would put the baby on the passenger seat or boot.
    Last edited by SSecret Squirrel; 22-08-2019 at 06:35.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SSecret Squirrel For This Useful Post:

LoveMyWay (22-08-2019),turquoisecoast (22-08-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    putting it in from the drivers side wasn’t an option as i can’t lift the capsule and lean in across ds’ seat, there’s simply not enough room and i’m not strong and coordinated enough to manage it. it was way too dark to be taking ds car seat out, aside from the fact i have no idea how to.

i was at the local council offices, there was nobody really around to help and tbh, i didn’t want to go back in there with a very upset baby, i just wanted to get her in the car and get home.

the car park was quiet, dd and i were the only signs of life when all this went down so while it wasn’t ideal to have her parked there for a few moments, i could see it wasn’t high traffic and so took the calculated risk that she’d be ok there for a few moments.

sorry but i just don’t see how an untethered capsule in the boot (where i can’t see it nor hold it with one hand) is a good idea. i could’ve gone over a speed bump and caused the capsule to overturn, she could break her neck or get some other serious injury. as i said, not ideal at all but i figured she was safest where i had her in my direct line of sight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    putting it in from the drivers side wasn’t an option as i can’t lift the capsule and lean in across ds’ seat, there’s simply not enough room and i’m not strong and coordinated enough to manage it. it was way too dark to be taking ds car seat out, aside from the fact i have no idea how to.

i was at the local council offices, there was nobody really around to help and tbh, i didn’t want to go back in there with a very upset baby, i just wanted to get her in the car and get home.

the car park was quiet, dd and i were the only signs of life when all this went down so while it wasn’t ideal to have her parked there for a few moments, i could see it wasn’t high traffic and so took the calculated risk that she’d be ok there for a few moments.

sorry but i just don’t see how an untethered capsule in the boot (where i can’t see it nor hold it with one hand) is a good idea. i could’ve gone over a speed bump and caused the capsule to overturn, she could break her neck or get some other serious injury. as i said, not ideal at all but i figured she was safest where i had her in my direct line of sight.
    Are you suggesting driving home with capsule in the boot? My response was based on moving the car so quickly reversing or moving to another spot. Not driving on a road or faster than 5km/hr.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post

Weren't you just meaning to move the car so you could get to her side? I don't think any one was suggesting you leave her in the boot and drove home

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default wwyd...

Deleted by Moderator - unnecessary
    Last edited by Mod-LIKE A BOSS; 22-08-2019 at 13:50.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default wwyd...

Last edited by Mod-LIKE A BOSS; 22-08-2019 at 13:51. Reason: Responding to deleted post

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Purple Poppy For This Useful Post:

atomicmama (22-08-2019),LoveMyWay (22-08-2019),Mum-I-Am (22-08-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Neither scenario is ideal, but it’s life and we have to choose the lesser of two evils all the time. I’m not sure which scenario is safer, probably about the same. I would have likely chosen the boot option but not thought any less of someone for choosing the other.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to babyno1onboard For This Useful Post:

Mum-I-Am (22-08-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default wwyd...

Last edited by Mod-LIKE A BOSS; 22-08-2019 at 13:52. Reason: Responding to deleted post

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretched View Post
    I think by road laws you would be charged with something like negligence if you had an unsecured capsule and someone ran into the car and bub was injured.

In the pram next to the car would still meet the 'adequate supervision' or whatever the wording is as I'd assume you could see the pram. Not ideal, but I'd think the best choice of the 2.
    The legality of it would be the last thing on my mind. I’d rather be charged than put my child in a less safe situation.