+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default aeropress - anyone got one?

so i noticed aldi has the aeropress as a special buy from tomorrow. as it’s father’s day coming up, and dh has been thinking about buying one, i thought the aeropress would be a good FD gift. he’s done a bit of research but i’m not sure how much and so i’m wondering if anyone knows whether you can just buy the aeropress as a stand alone or whether you need the additional bits and pieces with it, the five senses website sells a package which includes a special kettle, a grinder etc. do you need all that stuff? i don’t want to buy just the aeropress then find it’s useless on its own because you need all the add on stuff. i was hoping to start with just the machine and some coffee then go from there, assuming he likes it.

also does anyone have any direct experience using it? is it easy to use? does it take up much bench space? is the coffee nice?

any comments or feedback much appreciated!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We have one. DH has it at work. We don't have extras. Just rebuy filters if needed.

The coffee does need to be ground specific to an aeropress though. It makes really nice coffee. I think it's worth it.

Eta. Easy to use. Pretty small - it presses into a cup so not much wider.
    Last edited by twinklify; 20-08-2019 at 19:55.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast (20-08-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    thanks! do you get more than one cup per go? like if you do one press, are you able to get 2 cups of brew?

the five senses site sells coffee ground for aeropress so i guess you could skip the grinder and just buy that.

where does your dh’s work get the coffee from, do you know?

can you use any old cup with the aeropress?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    thanks! do you get more than one cup per go? like if you do one press, are you able to get 2 cups of brew?

the five senses site sells coffee ground for aeropress so i guess you could skip the grinder and just buy that.

where does your dh’s work get the coffee from, do you know?

can you use any old cup with the aeropress?
    He just uses whatever cup - I think it's a keep cup mostly.

We have a coffee machine and grinder at home so regularly buy beans from the toaster. We just ask them to grind for filter/aeropress and they do it.

And his work does not provide coffee. I woukd also not get a filter.

Its been a while but I think it's for 1 cup of coffee only. It's basically a plunger coffee but loads better

6. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast (21-08-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks! bought one from aldi this morning and ordered some fancy coffee from five senses too. i specified it be ground for aeropress and filter roast as recommended. looking forward to trying it now!