+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Shebah

Heading to Melbourne on Friday and looking at cost of airport transfers. Have previously used Star Bus but this is the first time I’m taking DD. I’ve downloaded the Shebah app and quoted price seems reasonably on par with what I’d pay with Star Bus. Has anyone used Shebah? Can I book in advance and “lock in” a price? Or do I just book it once we’ve arrived? Ideally I’d love a seat for DD so this really appeals to me too. Any tips or suggestions of other options?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    i’ve used shebah 3 times. once when our car broke down at the shops and i needed to get ds home for dinner (dh stayed with the car and waited for racv). then the 3 of us used it again (same lady all 3 times ) for our airport transfers when we traveled to wa at xmas. you pay $11 for the child seat. i don’t think it’s the cheapest option but the child seat and female only drivers are a huge sell point. our airport transfers didn’t even end up being that much in the end, $50-$60 from memory which is roughly the cost of a normal taxi. i would highly recommend. there’s a fb group you can add yourself to where you advertise your job and the drivers contact you. i can give you the name of the group if you like.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I haven’t even looked at Uber or taxi. When I was looking at starbus it was estimated to be an hour trip from the airport to cbd. For an extra couple of dollars it will be a trip straight to the hotel with no other stops AND no DD on my lap.

The group name would be great!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    IMG_7422.jpg

there’s the fb group screen shot for you. name is shebah special bookings. you can liaise directly with a driver once someone responds to your request so will be better placed to answer your questions.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

MLadyEm (20-08-2019)