+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default embryologists ?

are there any embryologists here that could offer some advice ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    You could try calling you clinic and ask to speak to one of you don’t get any help here. Ive always spoken to them during my cycles and been told to call anytime I’ve had questions.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks, unfortunately Im cycling o/s and i actually want info/query on a couple of embryos. Wonder if i could contact a university that maybe has an embryologist course and speak to whoever runs it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck finding someone. When I really pushed I did manage to get my old clinic in Finland to put the embryologist on the phone. But they were reluctant lol!

R

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello. Just came across your message quite randomly and wanted to reply. I am a clinical embryologist. How can I help you?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Recombinationhotspot For This Useful Post:

Kalina (27-08-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Recombinationhotspot hi, thanks for replying
    basically im cycling at a clinic o/s and I’ve just had the realisation that the clinic is handing out the same photos of the embryos to ladies. Cut a long story short, I’m in contact with another lady who has cycled at the same clinic, she showed me photos of the embryos the clinic gave her after her 4 transfers with them, I recognised one of them straight away, and then went through all of her photos, she has the same photo of the same embryo 3 times out of the four, I have it once, I then went through it again, and basically all my 3 embryos photos that I was told were the embryos that they transferred into me, are in amongst her photos as well. Ugh. I contacted the clinic and the embryologist said that although the photos may look the same the embryos are different, well of course they’re different, that is if they actually transferred anything. I sent the images of to a friend who works at the university of London looking at cells all day and she said hands down just from looking at them they are the same images and her colleagues agreed. I suppose what I’m asking is would you trust a clinic that did this or why would they do this? I’m thinking it’s the top of the rabbit hole, because they say they have embryoscope, if they did, they wouldn’t need to distribute the same photos around. I just don’t think they thought anyone would be sharing photos of their embryos, but it’s what you do I can’t actually believe the other lady didn’t spot it. And of course I’m now questioning everything about the clinic, I’m due for another transfer in 6 weeks. Still possibly have time to change to another clinic. Edited to add that the clinic routinely transfers 3 embryos, with this lady she has had 4 transferred each time, with no pregnancy. They are getting ladies pregnant but generally with single babies, my thought is if the embryos quality is as good as they’re say you would have more multiple pregnancies.
    Last edited by stacey10; 27-08-2019 at 06:21.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am extremely sorry to hear about this. Transparency is very important in our field and all information must be conveyed with the patients, even if it's bad news. Different embryos do look similar at certain stages however you can easily spot if its the same picture. These issues do happen especially in counties with sub-optimal regulations from authorities. However iff embryoscope is present as you said, you should be able to get time-lapse videos of all of your embryos with your name and patient ID present from the software. You should also complain to the health authority of the country so they can inquire about what is happening exactly. Also, ask the clinic to see your original lab reports. All information should be present and not manipulated in any way.

You might want to consider moving your frozen embryos to another clinic if you have any mistrust and they will also be able to confirm what is stated by your original clinic (number and quality of the embryos) is correct.

I do not want to jump to conclusion and accuse the clinic in wrongdoing, as they might be giving the same photos to save time, however it should not be happening. Hope this helps.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Recombinationhotspot For This Useful Post:

stacey10 (27-08-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Recombinationhotspot thank you so very much for your feedback, unfortunately the clinic is in north Cyprus where there is little regulation, I am using donor embryos and my friend was doing fresh cycles, and yes as you stated you can clearly see they are the same photos, no I’d number or names on them either, I have had treatment in the Czech Republic using embryoscope and had great pictures from that.
    I am torn as to going back now, as that is my worry, if they are doing this then what else are they doing thank you so much for taking the time to respond, and answering honestly, I thought I was going loopy lol
    I had approached a couple of other clinics I know about these embryos without mention the clinic I’m going to and it seems they all close ranks and don’t like to comment at all so I really do appreciate you commenting.
    Last edited by stacey10; 27-08-2019 at 07:21.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No medical advice here but I’d say move your embryos quick smart! Sod that!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @amiracle4me thanks for your input, they aren’t actually “my” embryos as I’m doing embryos donation, so with this clinic they are different embryos each transfer, but I am leaning towards choosing another clinic, even though I will lose flights and accomodation. Only problem with the other clinic is I can’t find any reviews on it, so that’s a bit of a gamble as well