+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Wwyd

Long story short, headed o/s for a d embryo transfer last nov (fet) which ended in a bfn, got an email with a photo of the embryos that were transferred the day after transfer. Booked in to go again in october. Another friend of mine was at the same clinic for a fresh transfer last week, got her photos of the embryos that she had transferred and i recognised one of hers as one of my photos, and sure enough , id put money on it that its the same photo/embryo. Ive sent a please explain email to the clinic but not sure if they will even answer my email, or if there is even a valid reason/excuse for this that would be acceptable ?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to stacey10 For This Useful Post:

Kalina (19-08-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Eeek! Gee i hope its just an administration error. Did you lile the clinic when you went there/ had a good vibe? I wonder if you could somehow find someone else who went to same clinic and check their photo in case they just send the same one to everyone? You could get someone else to contact the clinic, say they would like a reference from another Australian who went there who was happy to be contacted, and if they pass on their details, try contacting them and ask to see their pic? Long shot though. If it is another same photo then you'd know somethings bodgy, although if its different it wont confirm anything.
    Either way, im sorry it happened. Very concerning. I dont know whay Id do really.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

stacey10 (23-08-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Are you 100% certain? I mean the embryo's look pretty similar at that point in time... I'm with the PP and would go with your gut feel (so important and often overlooked). If you feel you can no longer trust the clinic, you need to consider how would you feel if you got another BFN or even a BFP - would you worry? So really a personal call. Good luck!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to aweb031 For This Useful Post:

stacey10 (23-08-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @aweb031 and @gorgeousgeorge thanks for your replies, well I’ve actually found the same photo of the embryo now 4 times in total, 3 from the other ladies previous transfers and 1 from mine, plus I then went through all of her photos again and mine and I have found another suspect one, twice on hers and once on mine, they are obviously transferring different embryos but are just handing out copies of the same photos, not realising or caring that we actually communicate with each other and can and do share images etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry you’re going through this. As if it’s not stressful enough already. No advice but very interested to follow along and see what the outcome is. Have you heard back from them yet?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mashie For This Useful Post:

stacey10 (23-08-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Mashie yes they have said that the embryologist has said that the photos may look the same but the embryos are different, thing is you could put each photo on top of each other and they’re perfectly the same, even to the point that every spot etc outside the embryo is exactly the same etc, mine was a fet and her 3 transfers have all been fresh.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by stacey10 View Post
    @Mashie yes they have said that the embryologist has said that the photos may look the same but the embryos are different, thing is you could put each photo on top of each other and they’re perfectly the same, even to the point that every spot etc outside the embryo is exactly the same etc, mine was a fet and her 3 transfers have all been fresh.
    Hmm seems a bit dodgy!! The photos aren't really THAT important (in the big scheme of things) BUT it depends on how you feel about that - particularly if they're not being honest about why they're all the same... you have to ask are there other areas where they are cutting corners?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to aweb031 For This Useful Post:

stacey10 (23-08-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh gosh how sneaky. I wonder if there’s a way of reporting it so there’s some sort of investigation. If in Aus I guess you’d contact the AMA and take it from there but given this clinic is overseas you’d need to try and find who to report it to. It does seem a bit dodgy, i assume it is a reputable clinic though. Did your friend get a bfp with her transfers at all? Do they show you on ultrasound where the embryo has landed? And do they show you a pic of your embryo before they insert it with your name ect?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Mashie unfortunately the country is unregulated so I suppose there is a risk with that in itself, my friend hasn’t yet got a bfp BUT she has had 25 cycles all up including oe and de and d-embryos and has one child from that and has been to 4 clinics from 3 different countries so I can’t really use her as an example of pregnancy, the clinic is getting people pregnant though, BUT they routinely transfer 3 embryos but their multiple rates are low, usually only one baby so to me that points towards embryo quality as well, although they insist they only transfer top graded embryos, grade B and down are usually checked out apparently .you do not get to see the embryos at all before transfer, only after the transfer the screen is turned around and you can see them in place, the dr did seem very meticulous as to where he placed them with me, the embryologist checks the catheter to make sure they have been transferred. After the transfer, the coordinator is sent the photos then she passes them on, no name or I’d number is visible in any of the photos, only a time, ie 4.11pm or 3.58 pm etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by stacey10 View Post
    @Mashie unfortunately the country is unregulated so I suppose there is a risk with that in itself, my friend hasn’t yet got a bfp BUT she has had 25 cycles all up including oe and de and d-embryos and has one child from that and has been to 4 clinics from 3 different countries so I can’t really use her as an example of pregnancy, the clinic is getting people pregnant though, BUT they routinely transfer 3 embryos but their multiple rates are low, usually only one baby so to me that points towards embryo quality as well, although they insist they only transfer top graded embryos, grade B and down are usually checked out apparently .you do not get to see the embryos at all before transfer, only after the transfer the screen is turned around and you can see them in place, the dr did seem very meticulous as to where he placed them with me, the embryologist checks the catheter to make sure they have been transferred. After the transfer, the coordinator is sent the photos then she passes them on, no name or I’d number is visible in any of the photos, only a time, ie 4.11pm or 3.58 pm etc.
    Oh perhaps it’s just an admin error then (I’d like to hope so). Does seem strange if they’re transferring 3 good quality embryos but their multiple rates are low though. It all sounds like standard procedure how they do their transfers. 25 cycles is a huge amount! I hope both you and your friend have success soon!