+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Other women flirting with your husband

Does it happen often ?
    I had it happen this weekend. It started as a innocent chat, I noticed my dh having a chat with a woman at a party. He called me over to introduce me and shared what they chatted about (they met for the first time and found out they had a friend in common). I politely nodded, smiled and excused my self as i was busy with our child.
    On few occasions after, she tried to strike up a conversation with dh again, while he politely responed short and moved away. While giving me dirty looks. We went to afterparty next day, where she ran up to him and hugged him, he said hello and moved away as he was busy playing sport with mates. More dirty looks for me.
    I m just confused, was she flirting? Even though she knew dh has a wife and 5 kids?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    who knows what she was doing or whether it was flirting. definitely sounds as though she isn’t really getting the message though and was making a bit of a pest of herself. surely you’d get the message and back off after the first time. how did you dh feel about it? was he uncomfortable?

Thanks
    Reviews
    He was uncomfortable after the hug so he avoided her after.
    I wouldnt think much of it if it werent for dirty looks aimed at me.

I had same looks aimed at me by a different girl, years ago, after we got engaged. We went to friends wedding, and a girl there was killing me with her eyes. I pointed it out to dh after which he said she was wanting to go out with him before us, and he didnt fancy her. So, I can def feel that energy, I am not making it up lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    i guess there is potential for these kinds of situations at any time. obviously it might happen when your dh is alone and you’re not there to see it. in this instance, you were there to witness it. i mean it’s a fairly harmless situation really. not like your dh has run off with her or exchanged contact details so as awkward/unpleasant as it was, there’s probably little value in dwelling on it as you can’t change the fact that it happened and nothing further has, or is likely, to come of it. if she really was giving you dirty looks then i’d say it’s pretty immature on her part, i mean obviously you’re his partner, no use getting stinky at you because she can’t take him home that night 🤣

i would focus on how my dh reacted to it and handled it rather than her behavior; he’s the one in the committed relationship, not her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You are right.
    Dh hasnt done anything out of line, he wss polite and respectful.
    But for some reason I keep seeing her face in my mind.. I cant figure out why its bothering me...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirena89 View Post
    You are right.
    Dh hasnt done anything out of line, he wss polite and respectful.
    But for some reason I keep seeing her face in my mind.. I cant figure out why its bothering me...
    it would probably bother me too. there’s been a handful of those kinds of women over the years with dh too. nothing he’s done wrong but just women i’ve had a vibe from. and i get how it makes you feel; like someone is about to grab your husband and leave you for dust. it’s a bit unsettling. take it as a compliment, she wants what you have. as i said, it’s how the man responds (or doesn’t respond, more accurately) that counts. fair enough if she had a bit of a crack but he gave her the rebuff. but for her to not take a hint and keep trying is just sad, desperate and immature. maybe she was trying to goad you into reacting too? who knows, i would just stay away in future or ignore her if you see her again.

you never know, maybe she was drunk or out of it on drugs or just not quite 100%.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

Sirena89 (15-08-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    That would sh*t me no end. I’m not a usually jealous person but vibes like that I do get my back up. But very different circumstances too- we have had incidents of infidelity before so I tend to be on guard in situations like that anyway and dh is naturally very charismatic and enjoys talking to anyone and everyone even if they overstep the line. And in a social situation he doesn’t usually go out of his way to introduce me to people unless I am already with him when he starts talking to them or wander over myself- but I’m the same with that especially if he is busy with the kids. We might point each other out but not call them over. That’s just us and how we are though. It sounds like your husband handled it really well- she just sounds desperate and as pp said, like she wants something she can’t have. It’s pretty pathetic really.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to SheWarrior For This Useful Post:

Sirena89 (15-08-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It certainly sounds like she was being flirtatious but not your DH who seems to have done everything you’d expect a married man to do in that situation, and really, he is the one who you need to focus on and from what you’ve said, he was polite etc and not flirtatious back.

The dirty looks from the woman just seem immature to me, I wouldn’t let that get to you, and I get it, sometimes we let things bother us when ordinarily it wouldn’t, sometimes if you’re feeling a little insecure or self-esteem not at its highest etc, mindset can play a big part to how we react. X

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

Myztik (15-08-2019),Sirena89 (15-08-2019),SuperGranny (16-08-2019)

Myztik is offline My April Fools baby
    Winner 2009- Biggest Post-Awards Whinger
    Winner 2010- Biggest Computer Nerd
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    It was bother me in the sense that she clearly had no respect for his wife and family. I have no time for people like that.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Myztik For This Useful Post:

Sirena89 (15-08-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds like she might have fancied him a bit - some women prefer the company of men to the point that they alienate other women and see them as a threat. I've seen that type before, the old classic 'I only have male friends, women are so b!tchy'.

Her shooting you filthy looks is incredibly immature. She is obviously not a well adjusted person to carry on like that.

Your DH handled the situation well from the sounds of it - that's the most important part. He can't help it if a woman takes a liking to him, but he can control how he responds.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

Sirena89 (15-08-2019),SuperGranny (16-08-2019)