+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Europe with a child and teens

Trying to plan our next BIG holiday and because DH has all his long service leave we are thinking of doing 8 weeks in Europe but have no idea of what’s around that might interest the kids. We will be visiting Copenhagen, Munich, Rome, Venice, Paris and London (dh said a snow day trip has us crossing over to Poland for the day as well) it’s during winter so we can even go to LEGOland. Disney is a must and Harry Potter tour in London but other then that we are lost on what might be fun for the kids to do especially in Italy if anyone has any tips I am all ears

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Which Legoland are you going to? The Danish one is closed from mid November to March each year. Not sure about the one in Windsor.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I would recommend the making of Harry Potter. We went there 2 years ago and the kids loved it. You have to book in advance. Also recommend visiting kings cross station in London as they have platform 9 3/4. We went to Harry Potter world via kings cross so it worked out really well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Also not sure how old the child is but my eldest turned 9 when we were away (we took her to Harry Potter on her birthday) but she really loved the sights of London and how different Dubai was. She still remembers and took it all in and she got a lot out of it.

Not sure about Italy but I would probably go with a guided tour of Rome to the colosseum and surrounds. Venice you could explore yourself. I haven’t been to Italy with kids but I have been.

If you think they’re mature enough then there’s a concentration camp that’s a train ride away from Munich. I went there as well when I lived in London. Great experience and I would take my kids there.

Haven’t been to Paris with kids. We did consider it the last time we were in Ireland but decided to go to London instead as I was worried about language barrier with my younger 2 if they got lost or something.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Europe with a child and teens

The Science Museum in London is great for all ages and of course the Tower of London and Madam Tussaud’s