+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Frances Perry or St Vincent

I just found out I’m pregnant and have been tossing between frances perry and st Vincent. I think FPH has better rooms and facilities, but they use quite a lot agency staff. St Vincent does not have agency staff (they said it in the maternity tour). My due day will be around Easter...and I don’t feel comfortable if they have a lot of agency staff there...If you have had recent experience with either hospitals, please share your experience! Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    dd was born at fph in april. i liked it, had a good experience overall. room we were in was a bit poky (had nice views though) but we were able to transfer to the grand hyatt after 2 days which was amazing. loved that experience so much. who’s your OB?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    dd was born at fph in april. i liked it, had a good experience overall. room we were in was a bit poky (had nice views though) but we were able to transfer to the grand hyatt after 2 days which was amazing. loved that experience so much. who’s your OB?
    Either Renee WONG from WOGS for FPH or Karen Paice for St V. Any recommendations?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vivianV View Post
    Either Renee WONG from WOGS for FPH or Karen Paice for St V. Any recommendations?
    i can’t comment on either as i used sue hiscock. @SJ565 had an ob from wogs so might be better placed to comment

5. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

vivianV (07-08-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Honestly, I would make your decision based on who you want your ob to be, not so much on how the hospital looks etc. I had my ds at FPH some years back and loved my experience there. But I loved my ob more. Good luck with your choice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congratulations on your pregnancy!
    I second the above. Find an Ob you trust and want to work with, and the rest will be fine. I had an absolutely wonderful OB, and delivered all mine at FPH and was very happy. Some of the midwives were better than others, of course, as with most things. I'd have to say, tho, that with my most recent birth experience, all the midwives during my labour (and there were many - about 4 shifts!) were really fantastic. I also found the hospital stay very comfortable, the food was very nice, pleasant surroundings (as far as hospitals go). I'd have to say that anecdotally amongst women I know I've heard more negative stories about St v's. But find your Ob and go with that. Good luck with the pregnancy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had both my children at St. Vincents and honestly couldn’t fault the place. I cried when I had to go home!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vivianV View Post
    I saw an ob from WOGS, and saw Renee as part of the rotation. She was lovely. Very down to earth!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My baby was born at StV and I didn’t want to leave! The nurses were amazing, as was the food. Not too sure about the FP surrounds but there is also plenty of parking in Fitzroy (all my appointments were there too)