+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Also the transition to no nap is a killer. It’s hell for a while until they adjust. They will be exhausted. Once you’ve put him to bed, tell him you’ll come back in 5 mins. Then when you go back, tell him you’ll be back in another 5 mins.
    I agree with this. Try the 5 min thing. It might be roughy for a few nights, but it does work and a few rough nights are worth the possible payout of an easier bedtime.

I agree with easy dinners and bulk cooking too. I personally wouldn't skip baths as I think the bath, feed, bed routine is a good one to stick to. They may not need a clean with soap, but my kids both loved them, and their rolls do get full of stuff that need washing out!

My only other thought is will the baby sleep in a cot at night? I know mine would sleep OK in the bassinet in the day but not at night after the first few months. Worth a try?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    And sometimes frozen nuggets and beans is an awesome dinner Scrambled eggs. Takes 5 mins and they are delicious and nutritious.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

Mum-I-Am (05-08-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Update. I have trialed cutting out nap time this week and it’s paid off, over the days the meltdowns have become shorter and he is going to bed before 7 without a major fuss, asleep by 7:15 usually. Somehow he has more energy through the day though so that’s keeping me busy, down time/quiet time/chill time is a struggle.
    Unfortunately mister newborn will only sleep with me so we are having to co sleep which has always been something I would never do (it terrifies me) but it’s the only way I can get any sleep, I’ve talked to the nurse about it but if anyone has any tips regarding it that I should know, I mean I have researched the crap out of it obviously but always good to hear from those with experience.
    Daycare tomorrow thank goodness, batch cooking my way to an easy week!
    Thanks for all the tips and tricks x

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tdez For This Useful Post:

Californication (08-08-2019),Myztik (09-08-2019),Twinkletoes Sparklebutt (08-08-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tdez View Post
    Update. I have trialed cutting out nap time this week and it’s paid off, over the days the meltdowns have become shorter and he is going to bed before 7 without a major fuss, asleep by 7:15 usually. Somehow he has more energy through the day though so that’s keeping me busy, down time/quiet time/chill time is a struggle.
    Unfortunately mister newborn will only sleep with me so we are having to co sleep which has always been something I would never do (it terrifies me) but it’s the only way I can get any sleep, I’ve talked to the nurse about it but if anyone has any tips regarding it that I should know, I mean I have researched the crap out of it obviously but always good to hear from those with experience.
    Daycare tomorrow thank goodness, batch cooking my way to an easy week!
    Thanks for all the tips and tricks x
    I co sleep. Started it out of desperation with dd and found it made eveything soooo much easier, so doing it straight up with my newborn son. Follow the co sleeping guidelines which im sure you've googled anyways. I felt like I was commiting a crime at first and when i finally admitted it to a few mummy friends, they laighed and said yeah we've all done it. Throughout history its been totally normal and common to co sleep. :-)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

Tdez (08-08-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh and haha my 18 month DD has also decided she no longer wants to nap, now that we have a newborn. Great timing. We struggled with what to do but after letting her nap whem she's exhausted at 4 and her sleeping till 6pm then up till 10pm! We decided to try keeping her awake and not letting her nap. Its weird as she gets more hyper and goes a bit silly now around 4-5pm BUT she'll go to bed at 6:30 and is asleep in 15 minutes so seems its working for us same as you. The no nap break for us is a bit hard but its worth sacrificing we reckon, if it means she's in bed earlier and it only takes 15 mins to put her to bed. Friends with older kids have mentioned to me that often the no nap is just a phase ans in a few weeks or months she might start normal middayish daytime naps again. Fingers crossed!