+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I dont let them do anything until they are teenagers in high school. I'm getting my 13 year old daughter's hair permanently straightened at the end of the year (She will be 14 by then) because she has the most god-awful hair that is a frizzy mess and she has been complaining about it constantly for years. I think it would help her self esteem to have a bit of a make-over. I dont let them dye it pink or blue or do any extremes of style like shaving half it off or mo-hawks or anything though, only natural things. Wont matter what you do, someone will have an opinion!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachel3072 View Post
    I dont let them do anything until they are teenagers in high school. I'm getting my 13 year old daughter's hair permanently straightened at the end of the year (She will be 14 by then) because she has the most god-awful hair that is a frizzy mess and she has been complaining about it constantly for years. I think it would help her self esteem to have a bit of a make-over. I dont let them dye it pink or blue or do any extremes of style like shaving half it off or mo-hawks or anything though, only natural things. Wont matter what you do, someone will have an opinion!
    Before you straighten her hair, have you looked into the curly girl method? Her hair may be a frizzy mess because it's not being tended to properly for her hair type.
    If you do go down the straightening route, look at the Japanese method.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard (04-08-2019),Rachel3072 (05-08-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My dd has impossible frizzy hair too, I found switching to a more expensive ‘adult’ shampoo and conditioner with keratin & argan oil really helped tame it, she can now style it much easier. Also brushing it fully before washing helps get it nice and soaked.
    It’s weird she used to have silky strait hair, but a couple of years ago she wanted it cut very short, since then and with hormones kicking in it grew back very thick, wavy and frizzy like my hair.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sairz For This Useful Post:

Rachel3072 (05-08-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sairz View Post
    My dd has impossible frizzy hair too, I found switching to a more expensive ‘adult’ shampoo and conditioner with keratin & argan oil really helped tame it, she can now style it much easier. Also brushing it fully before washing helps get it nice and soaked.
    It’s weird she used to have silky strait hair, but a couple of years ago she wanted it cut very short, since then and with hormones kicking in it grew back very thick, wavy and frizzy like my hair.
    I think my daughters hair is an hormonal thing too, poor kid, face full of pimples and hair went from lovely curls to angry frizzly mess that cant be tamed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Letting 12 year old dye hair

My daughter’s turning 13 soon and so far the hair dye thing hasn’t come up yet. That said.. her highschool doesn’t allow any ‘un-natural’ colouring anyway, they’re quite strict about that.

But I used to be allowed to dye my hair when I was 14 and also used ‘Sun-In’ eeep around 15/16 yrs, so I was thinking if she asked around 14 I’d be ok with it, but probably not 12 (mostly because of school etc).

Thanks
    Reviews
    I colour my kids hair for them and have done since they were little. I think it’s fun and we love doing it together.