+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Myztik is offline My April Fools baby
    Winner 2009- Biggest Post-Awards Whinger
    Winner 2010- Biggest Computer Nerd
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default Petition Centrelink ParentsNext.

Quote Originally Posted by Mum-I-Am View Post
    So does everyone on parenting payment have to do this? Any other hubbers want to share their experience. I’ve never received parenting payments so this is all news to me.
    No it is in targeted areas only and there is criteria to be met.

So I work for Centrelink taking calls all day every day for the families line. Whilst there are definitely areas of the system I disagree with I find the petition to be very biased. I doubt very much the person organising it sought out anyone that didn’t have a negative opinion.

The activities and participation are based on personal circumstances not a blanket rule.

If you are studying you only have to have contact with them quarterly. If you are working you have an initial appointment and then get exemptions from activities and just report fortnightly earnings to Centrelink as you are required to do anyway to balance your payments.
    Last edited by Myztik; 04-08-2019 at 11:11.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Myztik For This Useful Post:

Mum-I-Am (04-08-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Myztik View Post
    No it is in targeted areas only and there is criteria to be met.

So I work for Centrelink taking calls all day every day for the families line. Whilst there are definitely areas of the system I disagree with I find the petition to be very biased. I doubt very much the person organising it sought out anyone that didn’t have a negative opinion.

The activities and participation are based on personal circumstances not a blanket rule.

If you are studying you only have to have contact with them quarterly. If you are working you have an initial appointment and then get exemptions from activities and just report fortnightly earnings to Centrelink as you are required to do anyway to balance your payments.
    Yes I was interested to hear some different experiences, most of what I read online and in the information attached to the petition was overwhelmingly negative.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mum-I-Am For This Useful Post:

Myztik (04-08-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    May be of interest
    https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-08-...snext/11363874

"It is also the first Australia-wide program to allow private employment service providers to decide who must participate.
    Tony* is a six-year veteran of the employment services industry and made a similar allegation about his former employer, PeoplePlus.

He explained he was told to not let clients know about exemptions, especially the exemption for people with four or more children.
    ..."

6. The Following User Says Thank You to JustJaq For This Useful Post:

SSecret Squirrel (04-08-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    This, too

https://www.theguardian.com/australi...elfare-program

"One in five parents on the government’s contentious job-ready scheme for disadvantaged parents had their payments suspended in the program’s first six months, new data reveals.
    The suspensions are considered particularly concerning because all ParentsNext participants have children between six months and five years old and generally have no other source of income."

8. The Following User Says Thank You to JustJaq For This Useful Post:

SSecret Squirrel (04-08-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JustJaq View Post
    May be of interest
    https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-08-...snext/11363874

"It is also the first Australia-wide program to allow private employment service providers to decide who must participate.
    Tony* is a six-year veteran of the employment services industry and made a similar allegation about his former employer, PeoplePlus.

He explained he was told to not let clients know about exemptions, especially the exemption for people with four or more children.
    ..."
    That's the exemption I was referring to.

The provider worded it to me (pregnant with #3 at the time) "youll get an exemption for 6-12 months. The only way to not have to participate is with 4+ children".

I initially thought "so I just have to have a 4th and you'll leave me alone???"