+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 8w gestation post-IVF no heartbeat after normal 6w3d ultrasound :(

I'm newly relocated to Australia and new to this forum, so I am hoping you lovely ladies have some advice, encouragement or anything... just moved here three weeks ago, so i think this is all extra overwhelming since I don't have any family or girlfriends nearby to support...

First pregnancy at 41 after 3 rounds of IVF (two embryos day three transfer). BHCGs were more than doubling and first ultrasound at 6w3d showed absolutely normal single pregnancy. HR 130, measuring according to dates, no concerns whatsoever. I didn't have strong "pregnancy symptoms," but neither did my sister, so I wasn't too worried, and I was grateful to be feeling great.

Went for my first GP visit for my referral to OB. She ordered another ultrasound just to check how things were going. We went on Friday and they couldn't find the heartbeat and didn't appear that bub had grown much. We are due to go back tomorrow morning for a recheck of the ultrasound and surgical management if our worst fears are confirmed.

Has anyone had a similar experience that worked out OK? We are (perhaps foolishly) praying for a miracle tomorrow, but preparing mentally for whatever happens. I have NO cramping, NO bleeding and nothing else would have indicated there was any issue.

I'd also love to hear from anyone who had a similar experience (even if it did not work out as hoped), although of course, I'm grasping at straws trying to keep hoping for that miracle. I'm already attached to this little bub we have been waiting for for so long.... still taking my Crinone just in case...

Thanks ladies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    No experience but just wanted to say big hugs and thinking of you as you wait for the next scan xx

R

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Risa78 View Post
    No experience but just wanted to say big hugs and thinking of you as you wait for the next scan xx

R
    Thanks so much

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm sorry youre going through this. Unfortunately, my first pregnancy ended in a "missed miscarriage". It was my second IVF transfer, and everything was looking good at 6w and 8w scans, with heartbeat seen at both scans. I went for a pre-NIPT check at 10w to find no growth since the 8w scan, and no heart beat either. My body hadn't yet realised the baby had passed away, with no cramping, bleeding etc, and the next day I had a D&C. It was a very painful and upsetting time, which was pretty distressing for several weeks. At the 6 week check up, we discovered the baby had Trisomy 9, and would not have made it to birth. Knowing this made me fell a little better, but it was still an awful situation.
    I'm sorry you're going through this, and the uncertainty of having to wait for an outcome. I hope your story turns out differently to mine. Hugs.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 8w gestation post-IVF no heartbeat after normal 6w3d ultrasound 😞

Hiya.

Welcome to Bub Hub. I’m sure you’ll find lots of support here.

I’ve just read your post and wanted to say that I’m really sorry. It’s such a rough journey and I’m praying that you’re next appointment brings some answers.

I also happened to notice that your postcode is my neighbouring suburb. If you need any local support then feel free to send me an PM. I’m an expat myself so get how hard it is ❤️

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SJ565 View Post
    I'm sorry youre going through this. Unfortunately, my first pregnancy ended in a "missed miscarriage". It was my second IVF transfer, and everything was looking good at 6w and 8w scans, with heartbeat seen at both scans. I went for a pre-NIPT check at 10w to find no growth since the 8w scan, and no heart beat either. My body hadn't yet realised the baby had passed away, with no cramping, bleeding etc, and the next day I had a D&C. It was a very painful and upsetting time, which was pretty distressing for several weeks. At the 6 week check up, we discovered the baby had Trisomy 9, and would not have made it to birth. Knowing this made me fell a little better, but it was still an awful situation.
    I'm sorry you're going through this, and the uncertainty of having to wait for an outcome. I hope your story turns out differently to mine. Hugs.
    Thank you so much for sharing your story- I'm so sorry for your loss and this painful experience, and agree that finding some sort of closure or answers would give me some small comfort. I'll continue my hope for a miracle as best I can and really appreciate your kind words.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to firstbub41 For This Useful Post:

SJ565 (28-07-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by amiracle4me View Post
    Hiya.

Welcome to Bub Hub. I’m sure you’ll find lots of support here.

I’ve just read your post and wanted to say that I’m really sorry. It’s such a rough journey and I’m praying that you’re next appointment brings some answers.

I also happened to notice that your postcode is my neighbouring suburb. If you need any local support then feel free to send me an PM. I’m an expat myself so get how hard it is ❤️
    Thanks so much. I'll send a PM for sure

9. The Following User Says Thank You to firstbub41 For This Useful Post:

amiracle4me (28-07-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default 8w gestation post-IVF no heartbeat after normal 6w3d ultrasound 😞

Very sorry this has happened. Yes this happened to me. My baby stopped growing at 6w and heartbeat finally stopped at around 9w when I miscarried.
    I’d had brown spotting from 6w.
    I was told that the heartbeat goes down by approx 10 beats a minute per day, so a hb of 130 2 weeks ago may mean it may of only just passed away.
    I am still praying for a miracle though
    Last edited by Kazza78; 28-07-2019 at 19:31.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by firstbub41 View Post
    Thanks so much. I'll send a PM for sure
    No pressure to accept. A lot of Hubbers like the anonymity!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck today