+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 99 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by becb0112 View Post
    Hi Ladies. I am in the midst of the hell that is the 2ww (5dp5dt) and am just curious to see your thoughts on home pregnancy test vs waiting for the blood test. For anyone who has had a BFP did you test at home? How early? My blood test is booked for day 11 and I’m not sure I can wait that long!! Thanks!
    I have tested at home for all but my first transfer. The first one I had convinced myself I was pregnant and was absolutely devastated when I had the phone call to tell me I actually wasn’t

So 9/10 transfers I’ve tested at home on FRER. I tend to start around 4dp5dt and if there’s nothing by 8dp5dt I count myself out and start planning my next cycle. I find thinking about my next steps helps me emotionally.

6/10 transfers I have had a positive hpt (2 chemicals, 2 miscarriages, 1 ectopic and 1 baby) so for me I know a positive hpt doesn’t necessarily mean I’ll get a baby from the cycle and I try not to get excited even if it is positive. The two chemicals were negative hpt by blood test day so I’m glad I did test because it shows me and my FS that implantation did start and something happened. I like having as much info as I can get

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hopeful137 For This Useful Post:

becb0112 (01-08-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful137 View Post
    I have tested at home for all but my first transfer. The first one I had convinced myself I was pregnant and was absolutely devastated when I had the phone call to tell me I actually wasn’t

So 9/10 transfers I’ve tested at home on FRER. I tend to start around 4dp5dt and if there’s nothing by 8dp5dt I count myself out and start planning my next cycle. I find thinking about my next steps helps me emotionally.

6/10 transfers I have had a positive hpt (2 chemicals, 2 miscarriages, 1 ectopic and 1 baby) so for me I know a positive hpt doesn’t necessarily mean I’ll get a baby from the cycle and I try not to get excited even if it is positive. The two chemicals were negative hpt by blood test day so I’m glad I did test because it shows me and my FS that implantation did start and something happened. I like having as much info as I can get
    Im sorry about your losses ❤️

I love the idea of testing early to check for implantation in case of chemical. Yes it would be upsetting (and was for my one chemical 2 years ago) but it’s also an extra piece of data for the FS to use.

We spend so much money and time on tests and procedures so I like the idea I can contribute.

In saying that, I might be trying to justify testing tonight..... at 2dp5dt

Thanks
    Reviews
    For all the impatient ladies I think I've got the solution ! So 1dp5dt I went to a physio and she did a pelvic exam and looked puzzled and then asked if I'm pregnant.

No need to wait so long to test. Just shove a digit up there and cop a feel 😅

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wait. Your physiotherapist did an internal exam?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Allanahbananah View Post
    Wait. Your physiotherapist did an internal exam?!
    Haha yea! I went to see her for pelvic dysfunction so she had to do an internal assessment

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Silkentofu View Post
    For all the impatient ladies I think I've got the solution ! So 1dp5dt I went to a physio and she did a pelvic exam and looked puzzled and then asked if I'm pregnant.

No need to wait so long to test. Just shove a digit up there and cop a feel

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allanahbananah View Post
    Im sorry about your losses ❤️

I love the idea of testing early to check for implantation in case of chemical. Yes it would be upsetting (and was for my one chemical 2 years ago) but it’s also an extra piece of data for the FS to use.

We spend so much money and time on tests and procedures so I like the idea I can contribute.

In saying that, I might be trying to justify testing tonight..... at 2dp5dt
    Haha been there I have tested that early before even though I knew there was absolutely no way it would be positive and I knew I was wasting a hpt 🤷🏼‍♀️ This rollercoaster makes us crazy

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm really trying not to test early this time. Every time I feel tempted I can't help picturing myself looking down at ANOTHER bfn (11 years is a river of pee and Forrest of sticks I've seen to many BFN's for one lifetime) and the thought alone hurts, so Ive decided I don't even want that in my consciousness! We left for a week's holiday yesterday and the hpt's went in and out of the bag a few times before being left at home 🤣

I'm at 7dp3dt (blood test is on the 8th 13dpt) on Tuesday 4dpt I woke up with the most serene feeling that our little one had implanted, I may be insane or I may be right but either way that's the feeling I want to hold onto.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BabyO For This Useful Post:

becb0112 (02-08-2019),LS2610 (02-08-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyO View Post
    I'm really trying not to test early this time. Every time I feel tempted I can't help picturing myself looking down at ANOTHER bfn (11 years is a river of pee and Forrest of sticks I've seen to many BFN's for one lifetime) and the thought alone hurts, so Ive decided I don't even want that in my consciousness! We left for a week's holiday yesterday and the hpt's went in and out of the bag a few times before being left at home 🤣

I'm at 7dp3dt (blood test is on the 8th 13dpt) on Tuesday 4dpt I woke up with the most serene feeling that our little one had implanted, I may be insane or I may be right but either way that's the feeling I want to hold onto.
    Hold onto that feeling! I have everything crossed that this is your time.

Every transfer I say I’m not going to test, and then I go and order 3 boxes of cheap frer tests I found online

12. The Following User Says Thank You to LS2610 For This Useful Post:

BabyO (02-08-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My clinic hasn’t called yet about fertilisation reports and usually they keep bad news for later so anxious now 😖😕 i only had 6 eggs collected.