+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29373839
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by amiracle4me View Post
    That’s come round fast! Great news
    It all happened so quickly today. my second bloods showed no hcg so they said I could go ahead and do a cycle. It was a mad afternoon of getting meds/blood test before clinic closed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LS2610 View Post
    I got those looks all the time at the chemist, so last transfer I found a place online and bought 3 packs of 7 for an insanely low price lol #nojudgementhere #poasaddictsunite

Haha that is such a great idea. I think I will stock up online this time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by amiracle4me View Post
    Thanks Yeah I’ve got friends who’ve had a trigger and people like myself who never had. I’m just wondering what the reason is for and against. Like is it just FS preference or is there an indicator which says it’s worth doing.

Does it improve success rates??
    If you’ve had an egg collection then you’ve had a trigger injection but maybe you had something like decapetyl which doesn’t have hcg in it. I had that for one of my collections because I was at a higher than my norm risk for ohss. My understanding is that hcg trigger is the preferred trigger for collection. Coincidentally the collection is used decapetyl was much more difficult than usual and they had to flush and use a different probe to get them out.

As for hcg boosters (same as trigger just lower dose) during luteal phase, I’ve only been on them when I had a very small collection and therefore minimal ohss risk. Because I normally get 10+ I do pessaries/PIO as luteal support not hcg boosters as hcg can make ohss worse.

Hopefully that helps answer the question?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha love it #poasaddictsunite!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful137 View Post
    If you’ve had an egg collection then you’ve had a trigger injection but maybe you had something like decapetyl which doesn’t have hcg in it. I had that for one of my collections because I was at a higher than my norm risk for ohss. My understanding is that hcg trigger is the preferred trigger for collection. Coincidentally the collection is used decapetyl was much more difficult than usual and they had to flush and use a different probe to get them out.

As for hcg boosters (same as trigger just lower dose) during luteal phase, I’ve only been on them when I had a very small collection and therefore minimal ohss risk. Because I normally get 10+ I do pessaries/PIO as luteal support not hcg boosters as hcg can make ohss worse.

Hopefully that helps answer the question?
    Thank you! I must have had a trigger for egg collection but there definitely wasn’t any HCG. I’ll ask my FS about one as luteal support

6. The Following User Says Thank You to amiracle4me For This Useful Post:

Hopeful137 (Today)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Looks like egg collection will be Monday or Wednesday next week.
    We started on Orgalutran and those needles weren’t as easy as the Gonal-F ones!
    Estrogen is high as is my irritability!

Thanks
    Reviews
    They have already given you a date!? I had bloods today and they just said to start the Orgalutran tomorrow then go in on Friday for bloods and an ultrasound. I haven’t even had a baseline ultrasound, fist one will be Friday which is a week after I started Gonal f. Does that sound normal?