+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default IVF/FET August/September 2019

Hello all

I couldn’t see a thread for August so I thought I’d start one.

I was lucky enough to get my beautiful daughter from our first ICSI attempt four years ago and now we are trying for number 2. I have a few frozen embies stored so I’m just slowly working my way through them all!

I had my first chemical last month and am current waiting for my period after having a second chemical this month too. If my HCG drops enough then I’ll transfer again in August.

Best of luck everyone

2. The Following User Says Thank You to amiracle4me For This Useful Post:

LS2610 (25-07-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @amiracle4me I am sorry to hear about your two chemicals. Best of luck for your next cycle! Where are you cycling at?

I am having my first transfer on Saturday after doing a freeze all cycle at the end of last year. We had to postpone for a few reasons. I’m excited but trying to stay cautiously optimistic! Already dreading the TWW!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by becb0112 View Post
    Hi @amiracle4me I am sorry to hear about your two chemicals. Best of luck for your next cycle! Where are you cycling at?

I am having my first transfer on Saturday after doing a freeze all cycle at the end of last year. We had to postpone for a few reasons. I’m excited but trying to stay cautiously optimistic! Already dreading the TWW!
    Hello.

I’m still technically a ‘little bit pregnant’ and I’m just waiting for my period so it can end. Once the HCG is below 5 i’ll know if I can transfer in August. Fingers crossed.

Best of luck for your transfer

5. The Following User Says Thank You to amiracle4me For This Useful Post:

becb0112 (24-07-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by amiracle4me View Post
    Hello.

I’m still technically a ‘little bit pregnant’ and I’m just waiting for my period so it can end. Once the HCG is below 5 i’ll know if I can transfer in August. Fingers crossed.

Best of luck for your transfer
    You poor thing, all the waiting is horrible. I hope it is resolved quickly for you 🤞

7. The Following User Says Thank You to becb0112 For This Useful Post:

amiracle4me (24-07-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jumping on board this thread. Hopefully will have a transfer this Saturday. it's my first FET, previously had two fresh transfers, 1 BFN last year and 1 CP a month ago. 2 in the freezer from the last stim.
    I've been feeling weirdly optimistic this week- not sure why, I normally try and keep expectations as low and possible for these. Maybe a counter to how bad I was feeling a few weeks ago.
    After the last fresh transfer didn't take, Doctor suggested she "wasn't against" transferring two this time around- up until this point she had been vehemently against doing that. Her reasoning was to avoid disappointment if the last one fails to thaw and we have to cancel on the day of transfer, but I couldn't help feeling like she thought the remaining 2 really have no shot- and hence no risk of multiples (the fresh one was a 4AA, the ones left are 3BB and a Cavitating Morula). Felt really low while I worked through deciding whether to do single or double, but have settled on SET and comfortable enough with that decision.
    The cycle has been so low key so far- we are MFI, so trying a natural FET and so far progressed as expected. So much waiting until the stress level go up on Friday when they start defrosting. Argh!
    Good luck to everyone cycling this month!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Step2Three View Post
    Jumping on board this thread. Hopefully will have a transfer this Saturday. it's my first FET, previously had two fresh transfers, 1 BFN last year and 1 CP a month ago. 2 in the freezer from the last stim.
    I've been feeling weirdly optimistic this week- not sure why, I normally try and keep expectations as low and possible for these. Maybe a counter to how bad I was feeling a few weeks ago.
    After the last fresh transfer didn't take, Doctor suggested she "wasn't against" transferring two this time around- up until this point she had been vehemently against doing that. Her reasoning was to avoid disappointment if the last one fails to thaw and we have to cancel on the day of transfer, but I couldn't help feeling like she thought the remaining 2 really have no shot- and hence no risk of multiples (the fresh one was a 4AA, the ones left are 3BB and a Cavitating Morula). Felt really low while I worked through deciding whether to do single or double, but have settled on SET and comfortable enough with that decision.
    The cycle has been so low key so far- we are MFI, so trying a natural FET and so far progressed as expected. So much waiting until the stress level go up on Friday when they start defrosting. Argh!
    Good luck to everyone cycling this month!
    Hi Step2Three

Good luck for this cycle! Would be great to have a transfer day buddy if you end up transferring on Saturday

This will be my first transfer, we have 6 (5 day 5 and 1 day 6) in the freezer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have my first FET either 31st jul or 2 Aug.

It’s all getting so real now!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Allanahbananah For This Useful Post:

amiracle4me (24-07-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello Ladies,

I'm jumping over from the June/July thread which I was a bit late for, but now there is this one.

I just had my first EPU yesterday from my first round of IVF.

Saturday morning scan and blood work were great 19 follicles, 9 were a good size I think 15mm and above. After EPU I was told 15 were empty (they flushed and flushed but nothing) I was shocked and devastated only having 4 eggs was such a huge drop so quickly.

I got the call this afternoon that 2 fertilized and we will be doing a day 3 transfer with the strongest embryo on Friday and letting the other one grow to 5 days 🤞for freezing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi BabyO

I’m so sorry to hear that you didn’t get as many eggs as you hoped but fingers crossed for your transfer on Friday!

How are you feeling after EPU?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to becb0112 For This Useful Post:

BabyO (24-07-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi becb0112

I am so grateful to still have 2 today I was terrified waiting to find out, I just hope they are strong! I actually asked the embryologist today to tell them that Mummy is very proud of them both.

I'm cramping a lot today from the EPU standing up straight is a challenge, hopefully it passes soon.

Good luck for Saturday!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to BabyO For This Useful Post:

becb0112 (24-07-2019)