+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Birthing Fears

This may seem silly, but I am 27 weeks pregnant with baby #5 and I am becoming increasingly nervous about giving birth.
    I have no idea as to why?
    I've done it all before.... four times.... no complications etc.... I honestly feel selfish and silly to even post this. But I am told when in need reach out.
    I guess I'm just hoping for some advice or something from other mum's who have experienced the same or similar?
    TIA.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Why would it be selfish of you to ask this? I would think it’s very normal to feel this way. I mean, what sane person wants to go through birth after birth. I look foward to meeting my baby but I would say it’s the fear of the unknown everytime.

We don’t know what’s going to happen with every birth and that in itself is awful. I’m pregnant with third, I don’t want to go through with it at all! I always tell myself, I’ve changed my mind I don’t want to do this anymore... but like I have a choice now!

Giving birth sucks in my opinion. It’s no easy task. I was petrified the last time of giving birth to the point I was in denial and I was overdue and my mindframe I believe made it worse.

So now I’m trying to go in like a warrior, bring it on. But I’m 37 weeks and meant to be induced next week, I may chicken out, id rather it be natural but apparently I have a big baby.

You’re not alone in feeling this way!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MuMtORiLeYandLeO For This Useful Post:

FourPlusOne (17-07-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Birthing Fears

You are definitely not alone! I was terrified about giving birth to my 4th, and like you, my previous 3 were all pretty easy births so there was no real reason to be scared. I think it was because I knew what was coming! I read Labour of Love by Gabrielle Target and it really helped. I also told my midwife how I was feeling and she was amazing about it. In the end I had the most amazing, calm and relaxed water birth and it changed my whole perception. The times during labour I felt myself saying or thinking I couldn’t do it, I just reminded myself I’d done it before, I could do it again. Going into my 5th and 6th labour’s I was the same- absolutely terrified about what was coming but once the time arrived I countered every negative thought with a positive one. I highly recommend hypnobirthing classes to!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SheWarrior For This Useful Post:

FourPlusOne (17-07-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=SheWarrior;8910555]

Thank you for your response. I am glad I'm not alone. I will have a talk to my midwife about how I have been feeling.

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=MuMtORiLeYandLeO;8910550]
    Im sorry to hear you are feeling as such, also... Thank you for your response

8. The Following User Says Thank You to FourPlusOne For This Useful Post:

MuMtORiLeYandLeO (17-07-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    [QUOTE=FourPlusOne;8910601]
    Quote Originally Posted by MuMtORiLeYandLeO View Post
    Im sorry to hear you are feeling as such, also... Thank you for your response
    I wish I had a solution to the fear but I don’t, it’s hard to get through I know. But it won’t last forever and when you’re in the moment, you just get through it. Talk to your midwife as you’ve mentioned and maybe she can suggest something that we don’t already know. Xx

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MuMtORiLeYandLeO For This Useful Post:

FourPlusOne (21-07-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    My sister has 4 kids (I’ve only got 2), and she said she got more nervous with each one. I think it was because she knew what’s coming. She ended up opting for an epidural with the 4th as she was quite anxious but didn’t want to go for a c-section. It was a good compromise for her.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Hollywood For This Useful Post:

FourPlusOne (21-07-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    My sister has 4 kids (I’ve only got 2), and she said she got more nervous with each one. I think it was because she knew what’s coming. She ended up opting for an epidural with the 4th as she was quite anxious but didn’t want to go for a c-section. It was a good compromise for her.
    Yes i understand that. I feel the same, thing is I had epidural with my first two, as I was very young and couldn't handle pain very well. The last two the hospital didnt offer them unless it was an emergency, and I did so well. But yeah I am scared as this time