+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default TTC after taking Femara am I pregnant first baby at 39

Hi all,
    This is my first post First time taking Femara fertility tablets - I believe I ovulated around the 5th or 6th July due to the pains - confirmed by the fertility clinic on 12th July that I ovulated. Was told I wouldn’t have any pregnancy symptoms yet. This is my first baby and I’m 39 I really want this so much, Trying naturally since November 18. Its now 15th July am now feeling pains in the ovary area but no other symptoms could this be just my period I’m due for my period in 6 days or very early signs of pregnancy? I haven’t done a test just don’t want it to be negative.. any advice?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Unfortunately the symptoms you are describing can be put down to progesterone which you will have in your body after ovulation if you are pregnant or not. You are now 10dpo, if you are pregnant there is a good chance a pregnancy test will show a positive but if you holding out to test there isn't much chance of knowing what is going on. The tww sucks and can send you insane, hang on in there hun and I hope you get good news soon x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much for replying.. I was freaking that no one responded- I spoke to the fertility clinic and have booked a blood test I will keep you posted I’m praying this time I am pregnant it’s so new this site to me. Thank you for being kind

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    A blood test will be a definite answer which is great. Really hoping it's good news.

Have you ovulated naturally on previous cycles but been unlucky and not become pregnant or has the fermara produced your first ovulating cycle?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was tested to see if I ovulate naturally it was positive however the professor wanted to put me on the Femara to produce more eggs. I too really want the news that I’m pregnant. If it comes back negative I’m not sure if I want to take another step IUI or ? What do you think?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh hopefully that's the case then and it does the trick. I say take things one at a time. If it does come back negative it doesn't mean you have to move onto next steps, I would try a few more fermara cycles first as just because it didn't work this time doesn't mean it wouldn't next time. Hopefully it's good news though x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok thanks x I’ll keep you posted the clinic said I’ll have the results by Monday afternoon

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mamu01 For This Useful Post:

Heyside (17-07-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyside View Post
    Oh hopefully that's the case then and it does the trick. I say take things one at a time. If it does come back negative it doesn't mean you have to move onto next steps, I would try a few more fermara cycles first as just because it didn't work this time doesn't mean it wouldn't next time. Hopefully it's good news though x
    Hi there heyside,

I found out that I am not pregnant:-( so my fertility doctor has said to take the Femara again and try again this month....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh so sorry to hear that hun, hoping this next cycle brings you success. It is often the case that first cycles are not successful but doesn't mean it won't happen, don't give up hope x
    Last edited by Heyside; 24-07-2019 at 20:08.