+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default What was your best stim protocol

Hi ladies,

I’m pretty sure I’m out for this FET so mentally planning my next stim cycle. I’d like to hear what your best protocol was! Particularly if you’ve done a combo with menopur and puregon

For me:
    1st- puregon, luveris, orgalutron- 10 eggs, 2 blasts (ABs)
    2nd- as above- 6 eggs, 1 day 4 embryo
    3rd- as above plus melatonin and testosterone- 14 eggs, 2 blasts (AA, AB)
    4th- high dose menopur, luveris, HGH, orgalutron, melatonin- 24 eggs, 5 blasts (1xAA, 1xAB others BCs)
    5th- same as 4th- 13 eggs, 5 blasts (1x AA, 1xBB, others BCs) expected 26 eggs but decapytel trigger didn’t work properly

I can get plenty of eggs if I’m on a high dose (400-450 menopur) but I’m not sure whether its the best course of action. I’ll be doing DETs from here on out as well. We do ICSI and tend to have a pretty good fertilisation rate, most look reasonable on day 3 and then drop off or degrade between day 3 and day 5/6- so I’m wondering whether a day 3/4 transfer might be worth doing.

I’m contemplating
    - not using HGH (not sure if it’s really made that much difference, $, time- drags out the cycle)
    - not doing a high dose, just medium dose and aiming for less eggs
    - asking about doing a mix between puregon and menopur
    - maybe transferring two medium quality ones on day 3/4 and freezing the best ones on day 5/6 for future FETs

Any experiences with the above, thoughts or opinions would be appreciated!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    What are your specific issues? Endo, PCOS, MFI? That will change what may work. We’ve done all sorts of things but the only thing that worked for us was long down reg cycles, I’ll find the plan and post a bit but that cycle has achieved 3 pregnancies for us. We also loose most embryos between day 3-5 and our FS is of the opinion that if it can’t survive in a petrie dish it won’t survive in you so we’ve always grown then to say 5/6. It means less blasts but at least you know they’ve gotten that far.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mum-I-Am View Post
    What are your specific issues? Endo, PCOS, MFI? That will change what may work. We’ve done all sorts of things but the only thing that worked for us was long down reg cycles, I’ll find the plan and post a bit but that cycle has achieved 3 pregnancies for us. We also loose most embryos between day 3-5 and our FS is of the opinion that if it can’t survive in a petrie dish it won’t survive in you so we’ve always grown then to say 5/6. It means less blasts but at least you know they’ve gotten that far.
    Thanks for your reply. I’ve got ovulatory dysfunction- no periods, no ovulation, so I’m naturally down regulated 🤣 I’m also prone to thin lining.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi hun, sorry to see you had a probable BFN
    My best results for number and quality of embryos and consistency of hcg rise over time was with menopur and NKC protocol. This worked much better than gonal f for me. But still no baby
    I never had any trouble with lining thickness.
    But the cycle that got me pregnant was IUI which no one expected. This was done with low dose meds (100 gonal f daily) and ovidrel trigger and NKC.
    Aside from it being more ‘natural’ letting egg and sperm come together naturally, the only other thing I did differently that could have been the success factor for that cycle was I started taking protein & collagen supplementation 3 months earlier. I’ve always struggled with getting enough protein in my diet (raised on a high carb low protein diet) and I started taking protein for non IVF reasons but just maybe it helped? 🤷🏻‍♀️

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nettz84 View Post
    Hi hun, sorry to see you had a probable BFN
    My best results for number and quality of embryos and consistency of hcg rise over time was with menopur and NKC protocol. This worked much better than gonal f for me. But still no baby
    I never had any trouble with lining thickness.
    But the cycle that got me pregnant was IUI which no one expected. This was done with low dose meds (100 gonal f daily) and ovidrel trigger and NKC.
    Aside from it being more ‘natural’ letting egg and sperm come together naturally, the only other thing I did differently that could have been the success factor for that cycle was I started taking protein & collagen supplementation 3 months earlier. I’ve always struggled with getting enough protein in my diet (raised on a high carb low protein diet) and I started taking protein for non IVF reasons but just maybe it helped? 🤷🏻‍♀️
    Thanks for your response lovely that’s good to know about your menopur/ gonal f experience. Out of interest what dose menopur did they put you on? The two times I’ve been on it they were aiming for lots of eggs so I was on a high dose. Interesting about the other supplements too!

I’m so excited for this little baby you’re cooking ❤️ I feel like we were in the trenches together for a while and it makes me so happy that you’ve finally got there

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful137 View Post
    Thanks for your response lovely that’s good to know about your menopur/ gonal f experience. Out of interest what dose menopur did they put you on? The two times I’ve been on it they were aiming for lots of eggs so I was on a high dose. Interesting about the other supplements too!

I’m so excited for this little baby you’re cooking ❤️ I feel like we were in the trenches together for a while and it makes me so happy that you’ve finally got there
    Thanks, it sure is exciting! So happy we both got there and amazing you are now trying for #2. I hope it’s a shorter journey this time!
    From memory I think I was on 162.5?