Closed Thread
Page 80 of 98 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Moc24 View Post
    I think you have been through a lot and have nothing to loose. At your age you should be able to produce good quality embryos. Clearly you are not getting them, therefore trying something different is the right answer. Hopefully this will be the answer for you, it certainly was for me.
    A lot of us are older, but please be aware most have been trying for many many years and started a lot younger. You are the smart one amoungst us who has not waited (and waisted thousands $$) until you are too old!
    Can’t wait to hear how many embys you get and their quality. Defiantly something to be excited about.
    When is egg pickup for your donor?
    Thank you for you lovely message I love the support from this group! I wish we hadn’t spent thousands of dollars...by the time this cycle is done we’re 90k out of pocket but I know every cent is worth it when you get the end result ❤️ The donors period was due yesterday but I haven’t heard that it’s started yet. So hopefully EPU will be late next week/early the following!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hopeful137 For This Useful Post:

Moc24 (18-09-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the advice everyone. I’m glad you all agree that those options aren’t ideal. It didn’t sound right to me and I hadn’t read of anyone in these threads doing the same. I will just let Dr N know that we will go with whatever donor is available in May, and won’t worry if the current ones aren’t available anymore. I’m not sure if DH would be keen to go over on his own to drop off a sample, so I think a fresh cycle will be what suits us best. Thanks again for all your helpful answers

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to babybunny88 For This Useful Post:

Amandamoo (18-09-2019),Moc24 (18-09-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also I should add that I don’t think Dr N was trying to pressure me into any of those other options. I think he was picking up on my anxiety about the timing because I was asking so many questions, that he wanted to let me know about the backup options that could have more predictable timing. He has been amazing so I’m definitely not criticising him!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to babybunny88 For This Useful Post:

Makeuplover40 (18-09-2019),Notalone (19-09-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @babybunny88 has Dr N given you a clear indication of timing in terms of you booking flights and accommodation? I like to plan in advance and not leave things last minute so was wondering if on this occasion i will have to book closer to the date and not in advance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Makeuplover40 View Post
    @babybunny88 has Dr N given you a clear indication of timing in terms of you booking flights and accommodation? I like to plan in advance and not leave things last minute so was wondering if on this occasion i will have to book closer to the date and not in advance.
    I feel the same about planning in advance, and for both mine and DH’s jobs we need to know the exact days to take leave at least 6 months ahead of time. Dr N has put me back in the pill, which means I will be able to plan the dates in advance as my cycles until then will be regular. It may vary by a few days which is fine as we are planning a month long Greek holiday, so we will plan extra days in Athens either side, and if we aren’t needed those days we will just go to stay on some islands for a few days.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to babybunny88 For This Useful Post:

Makeuplover40 (18-09-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, so i fly out to Athens this Saturday! Eek! Just waiting to hear from Ruth on the donors progress & when egg collection is likely to be next week. So i've only had the 1 scan on day 2 of my cycle but won't have my next one to check on lining until i arrive in Athens. Did anyone else do this or do you usually have a scan in Aus before flying out? My previous 2 cycles through Cyprus I had to get lining scan done around day 9 but i also started progynova earlier on those cycles also.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mydreambaby View Post
    Hi ladies, so i fly out to Athens this Saturday! Eek! Just waiting to hear from Ruth on the donors progress & when egg collection is likely to be next week. So i've only had the 1 scan on day 2 of my cycle but won't have my next one to check on lining until i arrive in Athens. Did anyone else do this or do you usually have a scan in Aus before flying out? My previous 2 cycles through Cyprus I had to get lining scan done around day 9 but i also started progynova earlier on those cycles also.
    Hi @Mydreambaby...I was just thinking of you tonight, knowing you must fly out soon. I leave Sunday. My first trip over I didn't scan until I got there because I was there for 3 weeks. However that didn't work out great because my lining was quite thin and transfer was delayed several days. However I don't want to scare you, that was just unlucky for me and a new protocol that didn't work out. If you have never had lining issues before, I'm sure you will be fine. This time I had a scan last Saturday and my lining was great so I am all good to transfer next week. Maybe if you're worried you could scan before you leave just in case you have to up the progynova. Best of luck with egg collection etc xx

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Superaunty For This Useful Post:

Moc24 (18-09-2019),Mydreambaby (18-09-2019),Risa78 (25-09-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mydreambaby View Post
    I can’t comment because I’ve only done Aus cycles so far but just wanted to wish you luck! How exciting to be going this weekend! ❤️❤️

I’m also going through Ruth and will be most likely having multiple scans before I leave but I have problematic lining that can take a very long time to grow. DH is flying ahead of me to provide sperm so we can do a frozen cycle to accommodate for this.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Hopeful137 For This Useful Post:

Mydreambaby (18-09-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Egg Donation Greece #18

@Superaunty
    Congratulations on having a great lining this time I remember it not going to plan last time
    Did you do a stepped protocol or straight up number of prognova this time?
    Wishing you stress free transfer and the best of luck

Good luck to you to @Mydreambaby
    Last edited by LeeLee1980; 18-09-2019 at 21:24.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LeeLee1980 For This Useful Post:

Moc24 (18-09-2019),Mydreambaby (18-09-2019),Superaunty (19-09-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Superaunty i've never had lining issues before & this time i'm doing a stepped up protocol on progynova so will be increasing my dose from tomorrow anyway, but good to hear you didnt scan until you got there either. So exciting your transfer is next week! What day will you be at the clinic?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Mydreambaby For This Useful Post:

Superaunty (19-09-2019)