Closed Thread
Page 54 of 98 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @Superaunty It's like that isn't it! still cheaper than back home! I'm on one a night plus 2 Utrogestan 3x a day!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just wanted to say a huge thanks to all those who recommended contacting Ruth. We had an appointment with her last night and she was fantastic! It went for two hours and she said we now hold the record for the longest consult but all of my worries have completely disappeared! We’re just tossing up between Iakentro and Ovum but leaning towards Iakentro purely because a few of you have gone there. Has anyone been to Ovum?

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hopeful137 For This Useful Post:

Mydreambaby (28-08-2019),Peninsula Girl (28-08-2019),Superaunty (28-08-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful137 View Post
    Thanks for your reply and congrats on your twins! That’s shocking that your clinic didn’t do a karyotype test before you began your treatment I noticed in one of your other posts that you ended up using donor sperm after you didn’t get any embryos with donor eggs and your DHs sperm. How did that work logistically? Did they have a back up egg donor who you used to create your second batch or did you use frozen eggs?
    Thank you @Hopeful137

There is the option to use your back up donor to try your partner's sperm again. Otherwise there are already-made day 5 frozen embryos from donor egg and donor sperm. They find the embryos with the donors of closest match to you and your partner. Obviously costs more money on top.

I'm not sure they'd have time to use frozen eggs with donor sperm because you'd need to use frozen donor sperm if the clinic has any or get some sent, and then wait the 5 days for the embryos to grow, but you've
    already been on progesterone for a few days by the time they discover there's no embryos. Make sense?

I'm not familiar with your story sorry. Are you looking at double donor?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Hopeful137 @Kalina used ovum and didn’t have a great experience with them then I think @Moc24 used them as well and her experience was ok. Pretty typical of clinics as they’re not a one size fit all so I’d go with the one your leaning more towards first.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to stacey10 For This Useful Post:

Kalina (28-08-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by stacey10 View Post
    @Hopeful137 @Kalina used ovum and didn’t have a great experience with them then I think @Moc24 used them as well and her experience was ok. Pretty typical of clinics as they’re not a one size fit all so I’d go with the one your leaning more towards first.
    Thank you for your reply. We are definitely leaning towards Iakentro and that info helps

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldie25 View Post
    Thank you @Hopeful137

There is the option to use your back up donor to try your partner's sperm again. Otherwise there are already-made day 5 frozen embryos from donor egg and donor sperm. They find the embryos with the donors of closest match to you and your partner. Obviously costs more money on top.

I'm not sure they'd have time to use frozen eggs with donor sperm because you'd need to use frozen donor sperm if the clinic has any or get some sent, and then wait the 5 days for the embryos to grow, but you've
    already been on progesterone for a few days by the time they discover there's no embryos. Make sense?

I'm not familiar with your story sorry. Are you looking at double donor?
    Thanks lovely. I asked Ruth the same question last night about initiating another donor etc and of course the same response as yours...then the timing will be all out with progesterone! Haha I have had 13 transfers so you’d think I would have thought of that We have decided due to my lining being problematic that it will be easier for DH to go over and do his bit, create and freeze embryos and then I’ll go over when my lining is as good as we can get it so that alleviates the concern about having nothing to transfer anyway

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Hopeful137 For This Useful Post:

Moc24 (28-08-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by stacey10 View Post
    @Hopeful137 I had three failed transfers at Ovum before changing clinics and getting pregnant first go at my new clinic. Of those three failed transfers I'm fairly convinced that they didn't actually transfer anything the last go. I think they played fast and loose with the truth on a lot of things - not least embryo quality. There was also a very unpleasant experience when they owed me money and getting it back wasn't easy. Anyway, that's all the tip of the iceberg in terms of my experience with them, but I lost a year and many thousands of dollars.

It's also not a bricks and mortar clinic - it seemed to me to be a side business a few individuals run out of a separate, differently named Greek clinic - you won't see a building or even an office with the word Ovum.

I went with them initially because of their supposedly stellar success rates.....but success rates are self reported and there is no regulatory oversight of this, so take everything with a grain of salt.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Kalina For This Useful Post:

stacey10 (28-08-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just wanted to say a huge thanks to all those who recommended contacting Ruth. We had an appointment with her last night and she was fantastic! It went for two hours and she said we now hold the record for the longest consult but all of my worries have completely disappeared! We’re just tossing up between Iakentro and Ovum but leaning towards Iakentro purely because a few of you have gone there. Has anyone been to Ovum?
    I have been to Ovum, my experience was ok however I’m not sure if I could recommend them to you.
    The dr is very well qualified and very good at transfers which is so important however his bedside manner is not great. He is very matter of fact and quite arrogant. When I went back for my second transfer he told me that I had ruined his statistics (as I failed to fall pregnant which of course was completely my fault)! It got worse from there. Also @Kalina had other issues with the Lab. I think you ate leaning in the right direction, I have never heard anything even slightly bad about Iakentro. Ruth is fabulous!!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Moc24 For This Useful Post:

Notalone (13-09-2019),stacey10 (28-08-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have been to Ovum, my experience was ok however I’m not sure if I could recommend them to you.
    The dr is very well qualified and very good at transfers which is so important however his bedside manner is not great. He is very matter of fact and quite arrogant. When I went back for my second transfer he told me that I had ruined his statistics (as I failed to fall pregnant which of course was completely my fault)! It got worse from there. Also @Kalina had other issues with the Lab. I think you ate leaning in the right direction, I have never heard anything even slightly bad about Iakentro. Ruth is fabulous!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm happy to answer any questions about my experience at Iakentro if you want to know anything more.