Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    How are you going @gorgeousgeorge?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalina View Post
    How are you going @gorgeousgeorge?
    Hi @Kalina going really well thank you for thinking of me. I read yiur post on the 40s thread, 1 week to go max yeah? That's exciting!
    I actually went into labour sat morning at 4am and had contractions every 10 mins until they wheeled me in for caesar 2pm monday! Dr said i was 4cm dialated by the time tgey started the caesar. I had a few complications with my caesar but im on the mend. My epidural anaesthetic wore off like it did last time despite the anaesthetist giving me a huge dose after i told him what happened last time! Apparently i metabolise anaesthetic in a super human way and my bladder was stuck to my uterus with scar tissue due to the previous caesar and my endometriosis and while separating the two organs they nicked a blood vessel and i started bleeding. They couldnt search around for where the bleed was coming from because i was feeling everything and it was excruciating so after i had skin to skin with bubs for a while i had to have a general anaesthetic to find the bleed and stitch me back together and had to leave catheter in because of the stitch in my bladder. Stayed in hospital for 5 days and went home with the catheter and bag strapped to my leg. Getting the catheter taken out tomorrow hopefully. So it was pretty cray cray! But i havent been worried or upset at all about it. DD was perfectly happy with dh and her nanna while i was gone and bubba Charlie is perfect and healthy. Deaking with the catheter and bag has been annoying. Never really appreciated my bladder until now Cant wait to have it gone tomorrow. Wound is healing well, sore but getting significantly better each day. I think in another week pain will pretty much be all gone at this rate. Just basically feeling incredibly lucky to have 2 beautiful healthy children. Its something that only 2 years ago i never would have believed possible

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

Notalone (12-09-2019),RubyT78 (26-07-2019),Tahli (19-07-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by gorgeousgeorge View Post
    Hi @Kalina going really well thank you for thinking of me. I read yiur post on the 40s thread, 1 week to go max yeah? That's exciting!
    I actually went into labour sat morning at 4am and had contractions every 10 mins until they wheeled me in for caesar 2pm monday! Dr said i was 4cm dialated by the time tgey started the caesar. I had a few complications with my caesar but im on the mend. My epidural anaesthetic wore off like it did last time despite the anaesthetist giving me a huge dose after i told him what happened last time! Apparently i metabolise anaesthetic in a super human way and my bladder was stuck to my uterus with scar tissue due to the previous caesar and my endometriosis and while separating the two organs they nicked a blood vessel and i started bleeding. They couldnt search around for where the bleed was coming from because i was feeling everything and it was excruciating so after i had skin to skin with bubs for a while i had to have a general anaesthetic to find the bleed and stitch me back together and had to leave catheter in because of the stitch in my bladder. Stayed in hospital for 5 days and went home with the catheter and bag strapped to my leg. Getting the catheter taken out tomorrow hopefully. So it was pretty cray cray! But i havent been worried or upset at all about it. DD was perfectly happy with dh and her nanna while i was gone and bubba Charlie is perfect and healthy. Deaking with the catheter and bag has been annoying. Never really appreciated my bladder until now Cant wait to have it gone tomorrow. Wound is healing well, sore but getting significantly better each day. I think in another week pain will pretty much be all gone at this rate. Just basically feeling incredibly lucky to have 2 beautiful healthy children. Its something that only 2 years ago i never would have believed possible
    Wow @gorgeousgeorge, what a ride - so glad to hear you're on the mend, and so, so happy for you and your little family 😊
    It probably shouldn't but the bit about how you metabolise anaesthetic made me smile (not because of the pain while they're digging around in there, that's awful and a nightmare) - it's like a crazy superpower. I'm the opposite, one look at an anaesthetist and I'm asleep.

At most a little over a week to go, yeah, 🤞. They plan for induction early in week 39 in case they need to bump the date if they have a higher than expected number of emergency caesars etc. Baby's head is deep in my pelvis and pushing against my cervix is a favourite pastime, so getting pretty tight in there...

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Kalina how exciting! So close. All the very best for a smooth delivery!
    @gorgeousgeorge love your positivity and you are indeed blessed, so happy for you!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Justme007 For This Useful Post:

Kalina (18-07-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @gorgeousgeorge what a trouper to go through all of that, I’ve stayed in for 5 days just because lol so going through all of that I’d most likely have stayed in for 10 I seem to metabolise those drugs as well so last time they gave me a spinal block which worked

Thanks
    Reviews
    Omg @gorgeousgeorge what a ride! I am glad you are healing well and good riddance to that catheter and bag today!

R

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh @gorgeousgeorge you’ve been through so much! But you are right, how blessed to have your two little miracles at home now! Hope you are enjoying every minute xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Kalina I’m really excited for you, hope your anxiety has eased now you are at the END of the home stretch,
    Wish you the best for an easy birth xxx

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Aok For This Useful Post:

Kalina (18-07-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Justme007 View Post
    @hopefulsh you sound like you’ve got a lot on your plate. I hope you can work through it quickly. Kudos to you for taking in your nephew, I hope he’s appreciative and I wonder if you tell him your predicament he may lift his game. Good luck with it all.
    My nephew is from a family that don't pride themselves in worrying about thank you/sorry/please or paying attention to anyone but themselves. My brother is fine, he'd do anything for you, one of my nieces is lovely. It's just the rest of his family that are a little on the selfish side. I guess my hope was that by my giving him a chance that he'd feel like he could start anew, however he is proving otherwise and I'm ready to boot him out at the moment! lol
    Thank you for taking the time to respond xx

13. The Following User Says Thank You to hopefulsh For This Useful Post:

Notalone (12-09-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gorgeousgeorge View Post
    Oh dear lord ! I physically recoiled and had pins and needles reading your post. I’m so sorry mate, that’s a shocker...shocker!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Phia For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge (18-07-2019)