+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32404142
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Phia View Post
    Hello beautiful ladies. We are planning a trip to Athens - we will be stopping by Dr Kanakas to say hello with our special little Penelope who is now almost 14 months! I need your advice - this time, nonfertility related We will be travelling as a family of four (plus my six year old) and need your advice on where to go for a three night island get away. I am having major overwhelms by the whole thing! Any ideas on islands and hotels or accommodation - greatly appreciated! Also, I know some ladies had some good apartments in Athens - I'd love some recommendations. Hope you are all well on the thread, forgive me it's been a while. Those who have just had their babies - congratulations, I know how long it's been so many of you. For those pregnant - so so happy for you. And those who are still waiting their turn to come down the slippery dip - HANG IN THERE. You're not alone and every day is a day closer. x
    Hi @Phia, how exciting! What a beautiful holiday you’ve got planned. We loved Sifnos, I had actually been there as an 8 year old with my family, then went there on DE trip (I got my BFP there) and I highly recommend it. It has a great beach for kids, and the main town Apolllonia has great food and olive groves and is a really relaxed friendly place. I can find the name of the apartments we stayed in if you’re interested.

Plus Hydra is a perfect small island only 1.5 hours from Athens, no cars, only donkeys and just beautiful. Very small though. I can also find the name of apartment there if you’re interested, it was a great one also.

I’m excited for you, and am keen to do the same in a few years when I’m brave enough to take the twins on a long haul! 🤪 Look forward to hearing how it goes xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Phia I second Sifnos as a great island to visit. I stayed right near the beach at Kamares in the family run Hotel Stavros and loved it. Very relaxed and not too touristy. If I get the opportunity I will definitely be returning with my future child one day. Enjoy your trip!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Superaunty View Post
    @Phia I second Sifnos as a great island to visit. I stayed right near the beach at Kamares in the family run Hotel Stavros and loved it. Very relaxed and not too touristy. If I get the opportunity I will definitely be returning with my future child one day. Enjoy your trip!
    Oh wonderful! Thank you that sounds awesome

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Peninsula Girl View Post
    Hi @Phia, how exciting! What a beautiful holiday you’ve got planned. We loved Sifnos, I had actually been there as an 8 year old with my family, then went there on DE trip (I got my BFP there) and I highly recommend it. It has a great beach for kids, and the main town Apolllonia has great food and olive groves and is a really relaxed friendly place. I can find the name of the apartments we stayed in if you’re interested.

Plus Hydra is a perfect small island only 1.5 hours from Athens, no cars, only donkeys and just beautiful. Very small though. I can also find the name of apartment there if you’re interested, it was a great one also.

I’m excited for you, and am keen to do the same in a few years when I’m brave enough to take the twins on a long haul! 🤪 Look forward to hearing how it goes xx
    So good to get your message!!we are suckers for punishment! I’ll check out Sifnos

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashwa View Post
    Hi @Phia how exciting to be travelling to Greece on a holiday!!! Dr Nikos will be so happy to see you.

On our second trip to Athens (with our then 12 month old and my parents) we really loved staying at this apartment. It was clean, spacious and in a great location:
    https://www.airbnb.com.au/rooms/1246...DFJmbt5Im3UlM1

After our time with Dr Nikos we visited Santorini and Crete, both were wonderful. I found Crete to be more family friendly out of the two and had great beaches. Santorini was just beautiful and very boutique, you will have a bum like Beyoncé after all the steps. Let’s be honest any island would be amazing!

I hope all is well with Penelope, I can’t believe our babies are 14 months
    You’re the best, thanks Ashwa!