+ Reply to Thread
Page 83 of 83 FirstFirst ... 3373818283
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful137 View Post
    You’re also going to Iakentro aren’t you? Did you just ask them to do it for you?
    Yes Ruth organise it and they do it at the same time as the transfer for 150 euro.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mydreambaby View Post
    For ladies who have been to Iakentro in Athens, is the best way to get there by taxi from central Athens? Approx how much would that be?

Also has anyone hired a car in Athens? We're staying down south by the coast for our 2nd week so was thinking getting a car for a few days & may be easier to drive to the clinic for our transfer also
    I got a taxi from the city and it took around 20 to 30 minutes and cost....hmm can't remember actually, maybe 20 euro. I recommend using Beat app which you can use to order a taxi and it tells you the fare in advance. We found this super helpful when getting taxis as they were all really nice clean cars and all drivers spoke English.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Superaunty For This Useful Post:

Mydreambaby (Yesterday)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Superaunty View Post
    Yes Ruth organise it and they do it at the same time as the transfer for 150 euro.
    Brilliant! I’ve just emailed her to organise it. How long does it take?

Also, did you do acupuncture there? I’ve only done it once before in the lead up to a transfer (cycle was cancelled in the end due to thin lining) and wondering whether to add that to the mix too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful137 View Post
    Brilliant! I’ve just emailed her to organise it. How long does it take?

Also, did you do acupuncture there? I’ve only done it once before in the lead up to a transfer (cycle was cancelled in the end due to thin lining) and wondering whether to add that to the mix too!
    The intralipids only took about 30 minutes. They just start a little before transfer and then continue after until it is done. I did acupuncture before and after transfer last time and am doing it again. I have been doing it regularly at home for 1 year now and really find it relaxes me, so even if that is the only benefit it is worth it for me. Ruth organised for it to happen at the clinic.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hey ladies,
    I’m here at a Embryoland just dropped by to say hello. If you’re around - say hi!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phia For This Useful Post:

Bubforkmb (Yesterday),Notalone (Today)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Egg Donation Greece #18

For ladies who have been to Iakentro in Athens, is the best way to get there by taxi from central Athens? Approx how much would that be?

Also has anyone hired a car in Athens? We're staying down south by the coast for our 2nd week so was thinking getting a car for a few days & may be easier to drive to the clinic for our transfer also
    We have hired a car and it is fine driving around
    You can get an international driving licence for not very much from RACQ
    You will need this if you plan on hiring @Mydreambaby

9. The Following User Says Thank You to LeeLee1980 For This Useful Post:

Mydreambaby (Yesterday)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @LeeLee1980 better organise this tomorrow!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @LeeLee1980 better organise this tomorrow!

I had a car during my time here and it's been pretty easy to get around. I'm staying two hours south of Athens, But I went to Genesis, which is only 5 min from the fwy exit. So not sure of your clinics location. Has been much nicer near the beach here, than staying in Athens.
    Parking was interesting, but I think that's because I gave up legitamite spots because there are no clear signs. Just kept looking until I found one I felt OK parking in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hopefully uploading this image will work.
    Wanted to share this with you as it was a special moment to return to Embryoland after almost two years to see Dr Kanakas with babe in arms. Full circle. Exhale.
    Elation.

For those ladies who are new, my story is like many others... after failed ivf with OE in Aus, I thought the end of the road was in front of me. It was September 2016, now 40, sad and fearful I was up all night random googling and I found this thread and I read it from the beginning and I couldn’t believe there was another option to use donor eggs from Greece. It was like clouds parting and I felt hope. I joined this thread and the over 40s IVF thread I did one last round of my OE which failed but I was supported by wonderful women and I learnt about immune issues and saw Dr M and after that I locked in Embryoland with many months ahead of me. And in that time the collective wisdom and support of so many women before me following their highs and lows. Many tears! Holding my breath! Screams of joy! Anyway, my time came and Greece was amazing - Dr Kanakas warm, excited, a great coach, the whole team lovely warm and familiar. While the first time didn’t work - I came back again 3 months later -
    I threw the kitchen sink at it - immune protocols up the ying yang - dexing off my head! hysteroscopy, scratch the works! Anyway, as you can see the rest is history.
    I know that it is not the solution for all, and my heart goes out to the women who have not had their take home baby.
    This is just my little story.
    Love to you all xx
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Phia; Today at 12:56.