+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Calstar View Post
    I have, and still do consider doing a DNA test...but I don’t know what I’d do with the results tbh, what I’d do if it did turn out I wasn’t her biological mum
    Unless you would swap back there’s no point. Ignorance is bliss.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have, and still do consider doing a DNA test...but I don’t know what I’d do with the results tbh, what I’d do if it did turn out I wasn’t her biological mum
    The odds are you probably are your biological mums the results might put your mind at ease.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Ivf stuff up

Then you have a whole heap of counselling to do.. but then she would have to find her bio mum which would help her define her identity and also her medical history.. the chances are very slim that she isn’t yours I’m sure! I mean, how many clinics would really do this kind of stuff up.

If for nothing else then for your relationship. She’s gonna guess at some point that you feel like that and it can’t be good for you either. Maybe if a test confirms she’s yours then you’ll be happier.
    Last edited by amiracle4me; 15-07-2019 at 07:05.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It would be a tough decision to make. What would you do with the info? In a way it’s like an amniocentesis there is no point doing it if you won’t act on the results. I don’t think I would do it but I’m not in your situation.

You would have had the counselling during IVF I’m guessing and would have been given the pros and cons of disclosing genetic parents. We decided we probably wouldn’t but will keep all the info incase anything arises. I guess the difference being we have full medical history of our donor (if you believe it).

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Ivf stuff up

Quote Originally Posted by Mum-I-Am View Post
    It would be a tough decision to make. What would you do with the info? In a way it’s like an amniocentesis there is no point doing it if you won’t act on the results. I don’t think I would do it but I’m not in your situation.

You would have had the counselling during IVF I’m guessing and would have been given the pros and cons of disclosing genetic parents. We decided we probably wouldn’t but will keep all the info incase anything arises. I guess the difference being we have full medical history of our donor (if you believe it).
    Hey. I don’t think @Calstar used a donor. It’s more a gut feel that there was an embryo error.. as in she got given the wrong one..

Which in saying that is good to know in case the clinic needs exposing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Must be hard having those thoughts. Thing is - she is your child, genetically related or not. A biological mother is a woman whose body grew, carried and birthed a baby. But that's prob easy for me to say because I consciously made the decision to turn to donor eggs. That bond can't be denied, which is why I feel so sorry for the woman who had both twins ripped away from her in the IVF stuff-up. Even surrogates - who sign up for handing over babies they carry and give life to - are recognised and have legal rights up to this point. The woman whose twins were taken away from her has been reduced to the status of an incubator by a court.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Kalina For This Useful Post:

SJ565 (15-07-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by amiracle4me View Post
    Hey. I don’t think @Calstar used a donor. It’s more a gut feel that there was an embryo error.. as in she got given the wrong one..

Which in saying that is good to know in case the clinic needs exposing!
    My bad, I must have her confused with someone who used a sperm donor.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mum-I-Am For This Useful Post:

amiracle4me (15-07-2019)