+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 47 of 47
  1. #41
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,272
    Thanks
    5,287
    Thanked
    5,286
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Calstar View Post
    I have, and still do consider doing a DNA test...but I don’t know what I’d do with the results tbh, what I’d do if it did turn out I wasn’t her biological mum
    Unless you would swap back there’s no point. Ignorance is bliss.

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    4,737
    Thanks
    6,698
    Thanked
    4,031
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Calstar View Post
    I have, and still do consider doing a DNA test...but I don’t know what I’d do with the results tbh, what I’d do if it did turn out I wasn’t her biological mum
    The odds are you probably are your biological mums the results might put your mind at ease.

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,338
    Thanks
    203
    Thanked
    618
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Default Ivf stuff up

    Quote Originally Posted by Calstar View Post
    I have, and still do consider doing a DNA test...but I don’t know what I’d do with the results tbh, what I’d do if it did turn out I wasn’t her biological mum
    Then you have a whole heap of counselling to do.. but then she would have to find her bio mum which would help her define her identity and also her medical history.. the chances are very slim that she isn’t yours I’m sure! I mean, how many clinics would really do this kind of stuff up.

    If for nothing else then for your relationship. She’s gonna guess at some point that you feel like that and it can’t be good for you either. Maybe if a test confirms she’s yours then you’ll be happier.
    Last edited by amiracle4me; 15-07-2019 at 07:05.

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    5,803
    Thanks
    6,815
    Thanked
    6,157
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Calstar View Post
    I have, and still do consider doing a DNA test...but I don’t know what I’d do with the results tbh, what I’d do if it did turn out I wasn’t her biological mum
    It would be a tough decision to make. What would you do with the info? In a way it’s like an amniocentesis there is no point doing it if you won’t act on the results. I don’t think I would do it but I’m not in your situation.

    You would have had the counselling during IVF I’m guessing and would have been given the pros and cons of disclosing genetic parents. We decided we probably wouldn’t but will keep all the info incase anything arises. I guess the difference being we have full medical history of our donor (if you believe it).

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,338
    Thanks
    203
    Thanked
    618
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Default Ivf stuff up

    Quote Originally Posted by Mum-I-Am View Post
    It would be a tough decision to make. What would you do with the info? In a way it’s like an amniocentesis there is no point doing it if you won’t act on the results. I don’t think I would do it but I’m not in your situation.

    You would have had the counselling during IVF I’m guessing and would have been given the pros and cons of disclosing genetic parents. We decided we probably wouldn’t but will keep all the info incase anything arises. I guess the difference being we have full medical history of our donor (if you believe it).
    Hey. I don’t think @Calstar used a donor. It’s more a gut feel that there was an embryo error.. as in she got given the wrong one..

    Which in saying that is good to know in case the clinic needs exposing!

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,728
    Thanks
    782
    Thanked
    2,785
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Must be hard having those thoughts. Thing is - she is your child, genetically related or not. A biological mother is a woman whose body grew, carried and birthed a baby. But that's prob easy for me to say because I consciously made the decision to turn to donor eggs. That bond can't be denied, which is why I feel so sorry for the woman who had both twins ripped away from her in the IVF stuff-up. Even surrogates - who sign up for handing over babies they carry and give life to - are recognised and have legal rights up to this point. The woman whose twins were taken away from her has been reduced to the status of an incubator by a court.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Kalina For This Useful Post:

    SJ565 (15-07-2019)

  8. #47
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    5,803
    Thanks
    6,815
    Thanked
    6,157
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by amiracle4me View Post
    Hey. I don’t think @Calstar used a donor. It’s more a gut feel that there was an embryo error.. as in she got given the wrong one..

    Which in saying that is good to know in case the clinic needs exposing!
    My bad, I must have her confused with someone who used a sperm donor.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mum-I-Am For This Useful Post:

    amiracle4me (15-07-2019)


 

Similar Threads

  1. Expenses in IVF programs
    By Frontier! in forum IVF
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 26-07-2005, 08:06
  2. IVF first timer
    By neridap in forum IVF
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-06-2005, 07:24
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 24-05-2005, 20:38
  4. parents in law and the second hand baby stuff
    By mumintraining in forum Brisbane
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-03-2005, 00:48

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts