+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default IUI dilemmas...the end of the TWW

This is my second cycle of IUI (first one unsuccessful). I was naughty and did a HPT yesterday and got a BFP (4 days after my last shot of 1500 Pregnyl). Tested again today and got a BFN!

AF was due today and there are no signs of her arrival. My blood test is scheduled for the morning and it seems like we have an anxious night ahead.

Has anyone ever got a BFN on a clear blue test and then found out they were pregnant the day after with the blood test? Is that even possible?

Trying to prepare ourselves for bad news, but with the absence of AF and the BFP on yesterdays test, confusion has set in. I know we just have to wait, I know we shouldn't have done HPT but couldn't help ourselves. Im thinking that yesterdays BFP was pregnyl related but I still have a glimmer of hope. I would love to hear from anyone in a similar position or with a story to share.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Were both yesterday's and today's tests CB digitals? CB digitals have higher hcg requirements than other tests like FRER. It's completely possible to get a bfp and a BFN from 2 different brands of tests. And if your urine is more diluted one day than the other, this can affect the levels as well.
    There's a lot of variables, and if you're only early (say 10-14dpo), the levels of hcg can be quite low and not register on a digital.
    Good luck and best wishes for this cycle

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SJ565 For This Useful Post:

Bailey16 (09-07-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for replying! Yes both tests were CB digitals, I had no idea that they have higher hcg requirements so that is comforting. I did both tests in the afternoon, one day apart. Im 13 DPO right now...Eeekkk! I guess I will have to wait for the bloods in the morning, at least it's only one more sleep.