+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 46 and naturally pregnant is there anyone else out there?!

Hi, I’m 7 weeks along. Huge shock. Please let me know if you are in the same boat? Know anyone else who has been in this situation or any advice?! Thank you 🙏🏻

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Paigey20 For This Useful Post:

Rachel3072 (08-07-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congratulations!
    My friends sister in law became pregnant about 8 years after they stopped trying, at the age of 44. She went on to have a healthy little girl.
    All the best!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My colleague had a surprise bub at 47. Was a big shock to her and her family but they all adapted so well - she has great support from her older children and husband. She also works part time now.

Congratulations to you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Paigey20 View Post
    Hi, I’m 7 weeks along. Huge shock. Please let me know if you are in the same boat? Know anyone else who has been in this situation or any advice?! Thank you 🙏🏻
    Congratulations. Do you have children already? I hope you are feeling well. I have a 4-week old beautiful and perfect baby.. I am 46! We have 2 older ch also and tried for about 5 years to have our third. There were losses and heartache along the way, but she was our 'one final try'. We feel incredibly lucky, but I understand that not everyone will feel that way when they find themselves pregnant at 46. It depends on so many things and whether you want another child. If you are looking to know whether it can be done, though - I can tell you from experience that it certainly can be. Obviously, I had additional monitoring during the pregnancy (extra scans, higher risk of certain things such as GD and placental function failure), but with good health care you can watch all that. My pregnancy was smooth and problem-free, so it is possible.

Happy to chat more if I can help in any way at all. All the best to you on this journey. . X

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to whiteroses For This Useful Post:

stacey10 (07-07-2019),Yogis Mumma (07-07-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much for your reply. So lovely to hear from you and you have made me feel heaps better. I’m feeling well. I’m fit and healthy and I have never felt my age. However I know my eggs aren’t represented by that unfortunately. Yes, I have 3 kids (well adults!!) 18, 21, 23!! Yup, aren’t I a sucker! My partner of 4 years is younger than me (he’s 37) and he’s so excited, I keep telling him not to get too excited though. He doesn’t have any children so of course so this is great news to him. My kids don’t know yet as it’s just too early but hopefully we will all adjust beautifully like your family has. You have inspired me. Thank you. I need to stop googling and reading horror stories cause it’s making me sick. Enjoy your baby girl, I’m envious, you made it! You champion.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Paigey20 For This Useful Post:

whiteroses (27-07-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much for replying, love these stories of hope!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Paigey20 For This Useful Post:

Yogis Mumma (07-07-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Paigey20 View Post
    Thank you so much for your reply. So lovely to hear from you and you have made me feel heaps better. I’m feeling well. I’m fit and healthy and I have never felt my age. However I know my eggs aren’t represented by that unfortunately. Yes, I have 3 kids (well adults!!) 18, 21, 23!! Yup, aren’t I a sucker! My partner of 4 years is younger than me (he’s 37) and he’s so excited, I keep telling him not to get too excited though. He doesn’t have any children so of course so this is great news to him. My kids don’t know yet as it’s just too early but hopefully we will all adjust beautifully like your family has. You have inspired me. Thank you. I need to stop googling and reading horror stories cause it’s making me sick. Enjoy your baby girl, I’m envious, you made it! You champion.
    Wow, that's a wonderful story for both you and your partner. Hopefully your older children will be excited when they find out. I was talking to someone the other day who told me she is the youngest of ten kids. Her oldest sibling was 21 when she was born, and her mum was 47. I find it inspiring to hear stories of families that come in all shapes and sizes. I wasn't confident about having a big age gap between our 2nd and 3rd (it was 4 years bigger than we'd hoped/planned bc of the losses along the way), but my drive to have a third outweighed any concern about how it would all work. I hope you feel happy about how your family will work, once you have a chance to get your head around it all and adjust!

Yes, try to stop googling bc there are too many stories about the risks of pregnancy in your forties. I made myself read only the positive and inspiring stories of successful pregnancies. That helped me. I had 5 miscarriages along the way, so I really needed to keep focused on the successes to inspire me to keep trying.

It's true that time isn't really on our side in terms of egg quality, but I'm living proof that there are still some healthy eggs there and it could be the same happy outcome for you, too. I have everything crossed for you that it's a smooth and easy time ahead for you. Keep us posted as I'd love to hear that you have a healthy bundle in your arms next year! X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Huge Congratulations, I had a baby last year in September at 45, my GP was annoyingly full of dread and negativity, which filled me with anxiety and stress the whole pregnancy, but everything was 100% fine, including a rapid and normal birth...and she is a lovely healthy 10 month old now. I am a lot tireder than I was with previous children though. I have 2 adult children from my first marriage and younger children from my current marriage. Im now 46 and trying for "just one more" because I'd like this little girl to have a sibling closer in age. If you googled you'd think it was all impossible! Hope it goes well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats! I'm 44 years old and just found out I'm 6 weeks pregnant. Big shock as I thought I was too old to fall pregnant!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BekM2019 View Post
    Congrats! I'm 44 years old and just found out I'm 6 weeks pregnant. Big shock as I thought I was too old to fall pregnant!
    Congratulations to you and all the best for a healthy pregnancy. X