+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Cleaning for the cleaner???

So another day and another spat with DH about me asking him to help clean/tidy before the cleaner comes. For context I pack away toys, ensure dirty clothes in basket, put away general clutter. I think this is sensible and means the cleaner can focus on cleaning but DH thinks it’s silly.

What do you do before the cleaner comes?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    exact same as you. i’ve asked dh for help with the pre-cleaner clean too and he’s equally as unenthused as your dh. they don’t get it. i see it as simple courtesy and respect to allow someone to do their job properly. he helps with the bigger/heavier toys (esp after my cs) but i do the other bits and pieces. he has very little to do with the cleaner, its my job to pay her etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I wish I had one

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I’ve only hired a cleaner once to do a basic clean (fans, floors, bathrooms) so not really sure what is acceptable. Personally, it would depend on what they’ve been hired to clean. I’d definitely tidy a bit, but if I’ve hired someone to do a decent clean, I’d expect stuff like dishes done, beds made and that sort of thing. Kids toys and that sort of thing I wouldn’t expect them to do unless I had specifically asked. And would definitely get rid of clutter and tidy anything they weren’t hired to do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    same as you. i tidy so the cleaner can clean.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to PinkPopsicle For This Useful Post:

Starfish30 (06-07-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yip. Always clear up for the cleaner coming so they can do a better clean and not have to move stuff or clean round it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep, when we had a cleaner I was exactly the same and DH same as your DH. We had numerous arguments over cleaning before the cleaner. I did it because we were paying by the hour and I didn’t want her to waste time picking things up or moving them. I’d even lift the chairs/stools up. Once I explained to DH you pay by the hour and you’re better off them having time to do things more thoroughly than wasting time picking up junk/toys he came around to it.
    I miss having a cleaner actually, my last one stole money from us so I’ve been burnt and now I’m too scared to have anyone I don’t know if the house police check or not!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mashie For This Useful Post:

Mum-I-Am (04-07-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mashie View Post
    I miss having a cleaner actually, my last one stole money from us so I’ve been burnt and now I’m too scared to have anyone I don’t know if the house police check or not!
    I had a cleaner steal from me too It was $300 in gift cards. Amazingly I was able to track down where they were spent. I then viewed CCTV footage of the cleaner spending them so was able to prove it and get a confession plus my cleaning fee and amount for the gift cards was returned to me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by L.j View Post
    I had a cleaner steal from me too It was $300 in gift cards. Amazingly I was able to track down where they were spent. I then viewed CCTV footage of the cleaner spending them so was able to prove it and get a confession plus my cleaning fee and amount for the gift cards was returned to me!
    Oh that’s so lucky!! Mine was $900 in cash I had stashed away in a drawer. Silly I know to have that money sitting there but she really had no reason to go into the drawers and I was putting this money aside gradually for our holiday and it was hidden. When I questioned her on it she hung up on me, then stopped answering my phone calls. I went knocking on her door (she still had my house keys so wanted them back) and she confessed that she had taken it as a way of getting out of a messy relationship and she would pay me back. A week later she had moved, changed her phone number ect. Cops didn’t couldn’t less and said not their problem!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I tidy up so she can focus on cleaning. She can’t put stuff away as she doesn’t know where it goes and can’t clean properly with stuff in the way.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to babyno1onboard For This Useful Post:

Mum-I-Am (04-07-2019)