+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default NIPT Test

Hi all, currently 15 weeks with our first baby. Had the NT test at 12 weeks, results came back low risk. Doctor advised for piece of mind to get the NIPT test if wanting. Ended up with the Generation Plus test done on Monday. How long do results take to come back? I have also heard that the results are emailed to you or do you have to contact the doctor after 10 business days to book an appointment to get the results? Any help will be appreciated, thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default NIPT Test

Is that the Genea one? I got results back in 5 days or maybe it was 3... it was whatever their minimum was I think. I remember thinking it was very quick. They called me with results and sent it to my OB as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    whoever does the test should tell you how long til the results are in. i had mine with dd through siles health in melb. they told me it’ll be 10 business days max and that someone would phone me to advise of the results plus they get sent to my ob. generally the results are in a bit quicker than that but that’s the service standard.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had the standard Generation test and it took 5 business days to come back. They sent the results to my Ob's office and her midwife called me with the results. I was told if I opted for the plus version it would be 10 business days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Generation takes 5-7 business days and they send you an SMS when they’ve sent the report to your doctor.
    Generation Plus takes a bit longer (maybe 10-14 but don’t quote me!) because it gets sent to the states for the extra testing.
    Their website is pretty informative.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone! Currently living remotely and don’t have the same doctor every time (shared care with hospital in closest town, 700km away) as they fly in and fly out. Hoping that they contact me with the results but I suppose if I receive a text message it will give me an indication on when I should book an appointment to get the results from them.