+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Anyone here had a successful Sperm Donation procedure already?

Hi i'm Maeve from Ireland,

I just finished with my sperm donation procedure and have to wait a little over a week before I take a pregnancy test. I worry a lot so I thought why not ask around about people's experiences with the procedure. Any of you guys already have a baby through sperm donation? I spent a good amount of money for this and I hope this will really end in a positive pregnancy test Please give me any advice if you have any...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Maeve!

My wife and I have gone through the process of using a sperm donor, and I'm currently waiting to do a pregnancy test in a few days time. I assume if this is your very first cycle they might have done an IUI first? (where they place the sperm into the uterus and let the body do the rest, rather than the more involved IVF procedure). I had two of these, and I'm now on my second IVF cycle.

My advice would be to be patient with the process. The first one might not work, but maybe the next one will, or even the one after that. My wife and I laugh that my body has never known sperm in its life so it's still trying to figure out what to do with it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Toebeans View Post
    Hi Maeve!

My wife and I have gone through the process of using a sperm donor, and I'm currently waiting to do a pregnancy test in a few days time. I assume if this is your very first cycle they might have done an IUI first? (where they place the sperm into the uterus and let the body do the rest, rather than the more involved IVF procedure). I had two of these, and I'm now on my second IVF cycle.

My advice would be to be patient with the process. The first one might not work, but maybe the next one will, or even the one after that. My wife and I laugh that my body has never known sperm in its life so it's still trying to figure out what to do with it
    Yes, the IUI! Now is such an awkward period because we have nothing to do but wait until we can take the pregnancy test. And omg!! that cracked me up hahaha my body probably never also met mr. sperm but hopefully she introduces him to mr. egg and they become a baby! haha

May i ask where did you get your IVF treatment?