+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I’ll add I needed to get a part for my s2 cos the dog chewed it. I ordered it Sunday and had it tues in my hand.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to babybeeno1 For This Useful Post:

Kalina (01-07-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MUG81 View Post
    @Kalina throwing my opinion/experience in at the last minute. Used the hospitals medela to start which was of course great, and went to my medela at home and was hardly able to express anything, or to get a decent amount it took aaages. I invested in a Spectra S1 (wanted the portability, so S1 over S2) and it was a game changer! Half the time to pump twice as much, even using it as a single.
    Thanks @MUG81. The S1 does look good. I probably want my cake and to eat it too - the small ones appeal because last time I took mine when I went back to work and it was so easy to stick in my handbag. But on the other hand at the very beginning I had to pump exclusively for a few weeks before she would latch on. I had a single medela swing, so took a while to do both sides. A big pump would have been good in those circumstances. I'll sit on it for a few days, I guess that's sensible...
    Last edited by Kalina; 30-06-2019 at 22:38.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babybeeno1 View Post
    I’ll add I needed to get a part for my s2 cos the dog chewed it. I ordered it Sunday and had it tues in my hand.
    It's good to know they're quick, thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I recommend spectra. They are so quick with postage too. I have the electric portal s9 and rate it.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to LJD23 For This Useful Post:

Kalina (01-07-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LJD23 View Post
    I recommend spectra. They are so quick with postage too. I have the electric portal s9 and rate it.
    Yeah the speed with which they deliver seems brilliant. Makes me think I might actually wait until bub is born - see how we go from the outset, then order and have a pump within a couple of days. Last time the hospital just lent me a pump for the first week so i could express/feed when DD didn't latch, I'm sure they'd do that again of necessary.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalina View Post
    Yeah the speed with which they deliver seems brilliant. Makes me think I might actually wait until bub is born - see how we go from the outset, then order and have a pump within a couple of days. Last time the hospital just lent me a pump for the first week so i could express/feed when DD didn't latch, I'm sure they'd do that again of necessary.
    When I had DD I needed a pump because of engorgement. I got a spectra s2. DH ordered it before midday and it was delivered the following morning. Top notch service. I’ve had no issues with my pump at all.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MLadyEm For This Useful Post:

Kalina (02-07-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MLadyEm View Post
    When I had DD I needed a pump because of engorgement. I got a spectra s2. DH ordered it before midday and it was delivered the following morning. Top notch service. I’ve had no issues with my pump at all.
    They do look like good pumps. The fast shipping sounds good in case you ever need replacement parts too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowangel0205 View Post
    I'm a breastfeeding mystery.

I never make enough milk, but I think I have got marginally more each time, or maybe I'm just more experienced and better educated about it..thus getting better results.

I've seen an IBCLC, bubs been assessed for ties and been given the all clear, latch and position are perfect etc.....

I struggle with supply despite doing everything from pumping to constant feeding to motillium to cookies, fenugreek, extra water, extra calories... nothing helps...

So to get a *pump* I don't need to spend extra time doing, and get similar results as from an hour pumping session...🤷‍♀️ it's by far my favorite. I'd have gotten a legit haakaa but due to my history I want sure if I'd respond to it or not. I was pleasantly surprised
    You just described me to a T! I was diagnosed with “insufficient glandular tissue”. Apparently a side effect of long term PCOS. Just not enough healthy tissue to support a full supply. It sucks balls.

But I also found the spectra good, despite my issues. I persisted to just get whatever I could. I’ll be using it again if I’m lucky enough to be pregnant again one day. Otherwise I hear re sell value on them is pretty fab!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HubbleBubble View Post
    You just described me to a T! I was diagnosed with “insufficient glandular tissue”. Apparently a side effect of long term PCOS. Just not enough healthy tissue to support a full supply. It sucks balls.

But I also found the spectra good, despite my issues. I persisted to just get whatever I could. I’ll be using it again if I’m lucky enough to be pregnant again one day. Otherwise I hear re sell value on them is pretty fab!
    Breastfeeding is such a fickle thing! Is so frustrating isn't it? I too just give what I can. (Currently all I've done ALL day today, is feed my 6 week old. He won't settle unless he's latched on. Bottles, dummy, other people, or even me just holding him don't suffice... he just wants to lay and comfort suck. )

All the IBCLC and I can come up with is my thyroid is playing havoc with it. Whilst it's within normal range (I'm on medication), or might not be at a sufficient level to sustain breastmilk production- but that's a whole other thread..

Back to the point... yes, spectra do have a good resale value due to the closed system being hygienic (anywhere milk goes or can go, can be cleaned/steralised. Many other pumps are open systems and the milk or moisture can get back into the motor where you can't clean it, and turn to mould.

Best of luck with your journey.