+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Recommend me a baby bouncer

I'm looking for a baby bouncer to sit bub in so she can watch what's going on around her. Preferably one with different positions so I can adjust it to what is comfortable for her. She's 3 weeks old at present.

Let me know what works for you! Thank you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We have the Ingenuity automatic bouncer and love it. Doesn’t have different positions but.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SheWarrior View Post
    We have the Ingenuity automatic bouncer and love it. Doesn’t have different positions but.
    Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Veebee minder. Folds down flat so great if you want to put in car to take to someone else’s house.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Yogis Mumma For This Useful Post:

whiteroses (30-06-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    a friend loaned us the ingenuity inlighten which is very whizz bang; rocks, plays music, has a rotating mobile plus lights. the seat also detaches to become a smaller vibrating bouncer. for as fancy as it is, dd only finds it ok. i’ve put her in it with mixed results. sometimes she loves it, other times she just screams. it also takes up a lot of room. i’m glad i can give it back once we are done with it as it’s so big and cumbersome.

i also bought a vee bee mesh bouncer the other day second hand. very basic and doesn’t do much but it’s lightweight and fits in the boot of my car so i can take it to other peoples houses
    or easily take it upstairs for
    use. i’ve only had dd in it once but it seems ok.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

whiteroses (30-06-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm on my 4th baby seat 🤦‍♀️
    I've had:
    Fisher price infant to toddler rocker. It was light, adjustable seat. Could be used as a rocker or stationery seat up to 3yrs. It had a toy bar. I don't think they're sold anymore though. My son couldn't independently rock it till much older though
    Bright start bouncer from kmart. It was good but my son had a fair amount of head flop early on. It had a toy bar but not adjustable.
    Fisher price baby swing - toy bar, not adjustable, rocked on its own, played music. My son hated it.

And now I currently have a Veebee serenity bouncer. It's an old school mesh style, but we actually grabbed it from the baby shop on our way home from hospital, no toy bar but my son loves it. It bounces easily, he's 6 weeks and he can move it by just moving his arms. I've actually got an A frame toy gym for his floor time which I place infront of the bouncer.

Apart from the swing, all have been easy to carry around the house - into the bathroom while I shower, kitchen while I cook or fold washing etc

9. The Following User Says Thank You to shadowangel0205 For This Useful Post:

whiteroses (30-06-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We got DD a fancy bouncer/swing with music, mobile and everything else which she didn’t seem interested in. Then my sister lent me her $30 big w bouncer and it was an instant hit. She loved it.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mum-I-Am For This Useful Post:

whiteroses (30-06-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Recommend me a baby bouncer

Quote Originally Posted by shadowangel0205 View Post
    I'm on my 4th baby seat 🤦‍♀️
    I've had:
    Fisher price infant to toddler rocker. It was light, adjustable seat. Could be used as a rocker or stationery seat up to 3yrs. It had a toy bar. I don't think they're sold anymore though. My son couldn't independently rock it till much older though
    Bright start bouncer from kmart. It was good but my son had a fair amount of head flop early on. It had a toy bar but not adjustable.
    Fisher price baby swing - toy bar, not adjustable, rocked on its own, played music. My son hated it.

And now I currently have a Veebee serenity bouncer. It's an old school mesh style, but we actually grabbed it from the baby shop on our way home from hospital, no toy bar but my son loves it. It bounces easily, he's 6 weeks and he can move it by just moving his arms. I've actually got an A frame toy gym for his floor time which I place infront of the bouncer.

Apart from the swing, all have been easy to carry around the house - into the bathroom while I shower, kitchen while I cook or fold washing etc
    my sister bought that bright starts one from kmart for her boy. it was then sent across to us here in vic and we used it with ds, then it was returned and she used it with her dd. it’s had thorough multi baby bi-coastal use. for the price it’s ok. it would’ve been good to adjust the toy bar but given the price, you can’t really complain too much.

yep the vee bee serenity is the one i picked up second hand for $15. i read some reviews after i brought it home and freaked out as there’s a few bad reviews of it falling apart and bub hitting their head i’ve only had dd in it a couple of times but i put a big folded up doona behind/under the bouncer in case is falls apart and she goes backwards. ours is bright red. not my first choice of colour but can’t really complain. i assume yours has never fallen apart?apparently it can happen if the frame isn’t assembled correctly. mine came assembled so i’m hoping it was done so correctly.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

whiteroses (30-06-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    my sister bought that bright starts one from kmart for her boy. it was then sent across gl us here in vic and we used it with ds, then it was returned and she used it with her dd. it’s had thorough multi baby bi-coastal use. for the price it’s ok. it would’ve been good to adjust the toy bar but given the price, you can’t really complain too much.

yep the vee bee serenity is the one i picked up second hand for $15. i read some reviews after i brought it home and freaked out as there’s a few bad reviews of it falling apart and bub hitting their head i’ve only had dd in it a couple of times but i put a big folded up doona behind/under the bouncer in case is falls apart and she goes backwards. ours is bright red. not my first choice of colour but can’t really complain. i assume yours has never fallen apart?apparently it can happen if the frame isn’t assembled correctly. mine came assembled so i’m hoping it was done so correctly.
    Whoa! Yeah I can see how if the frame wasn't put together correctly it could fall apart. It was quite the challenge to get it in right, I tried, my brother tried, them my dad did but when you do it right, it clicks. So I assume the falls were because they didn't let it click in?
    I chose the black one, thought it'd be easier to sell on!
    $15 is pretty good! From memory we paid $60. Not as pricey as some (mamaroo I'm looking at you ) but not as cheap as some.

I usually set A up with a flanelette wrap folded under him, but always have in bouncers

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shadowangel0205 For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast (29-06-2019),whiteroses (30-06-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much, mummas. Very helpful. It's looking like simple often works well - without the batteries etc. I've located a baby bjorn one, with adjustable back and toy bar, which I think will try. Thanks